Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    Hmm well it's north to me, most places are when you live in the south east :p:
    I'm enjoying myself I met a great girl today who's doing the same course as me but the other way around, i.e. advanced Spanish, beginners Italian, and we went round together all day. I finally feel like I'm fitting in
    true, but I know alot of people who agree with you. I'm really glad you're making friends and fitting in its always nervewracking meeting new people even if you're confident

ReputationRep:
    How be you foreigners?

I heard there was going to be a TSR Leicester + DMU meetup, can anyone fill me in since I've been offline for a short while?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imoneofthem)
    How be you foreigners?

I heard there was going to be a TSR Leicester + DMU meetup, can anyone fill me in since I've been offline for a short while?
    Indeed.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1013844

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Indeed.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1013844
    Oh wowsers it is actually going to happen :woo:
    this certainly kicks booteh

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, random question here, but does anyone know of any good chinese takeaways in Leicester?

I had one from Bella the other day and it was pretty rough!

ReputationRep:
    Yumchi.

ReputationRep:
    New Dragon.
    round corner from demont. MAZZIN.

ReputationRep:
    Just thought that you guys should know that the uni have closed down the German department so this years intake were the last and they are having to email people who have applied for it this year to tell them that they will not run the course. I think it is a huge mistake and a bad decision by the governing bodies and senate!

ReputationRep:
    what the hell? the whole German dept? wow. thats bad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I heard about the German department too :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, so dissapointed I couldn't go on the DMU/UOL bar crawl last night because they ran out of t-shirts in the dog! Fridays are literally the high light of my week now! Life tonight then.

ReputationRep:
    Zanzibar was decent, i didn't have a t-shirt either, i didn't really wanna wear it anyway (not a fan of the slogan on the back of it) I did witness a spectacular DMU vs LEICESTER girl fight at the bar though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PirateFlag)
    Zanzibar was decent, i didn't have a t-shirt either, i didn't really wanna wear it anyway (not a fan of the slogan on the back of it) I did witness a spectacular DMU vs LEICESTER girl fight at the bar though.
    You got in? I heard that they weren't letting people in without a shirt?! Balls if so. Thorough balls.

Sounds like an epic fight though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PirateFlag)
    haha!

after seeing those shirts i knew there'd be fights...

ReputationRep:
    Yeh. i was disgusted by those t-shirts when i saw them

ReputationRep:
    What is that whole "my dad works for your dad" thing about anyway? I don't really get it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    What is that whole "my dad works for your dad" thing about anyway? I don't really get it
    Leicester is (generally percieved to be) the better university, so graduates from there ideally get better jobs. so DMU grads would be inferior to Leicester grads in the workplace. hence Your Dad Works For My Dad.

to be fair, the majority of people i know who are at DMU are only there because they failed at Leicester but didn't want to leave the city. Stereotypes that are actually true are the best kind :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pocket Calculator)
    Leicester is (generally percieved to be) the better university, so graduates from there ideally get better jobs. so DMU grads would be inferior to Leicester grads in the workplace. hence Your Dad Works For My Dad.

to be fair, the majority of people i know who are at DMU are only there because they failed at Leicester but didn't want to leave the city. Stereotypes that are actually true are the best kind :P
    Ohhh that makes sense :p: My friend Abby goes to DMU, she goes to my church up here, and my other friend is always making fun of the fact that she's at DMU and not Leicester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    You got in? I heard that they weren't letting people in without a shirt?! Balls if so. Thorough balls.

Sounds like an epic fight though.
    Yeah you just needed a student card, there were quite a few people in there without the t-shirts on.

I thought both slogans were pretty rubbish to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    Halloween Zanzi tonight!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.