Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    no haloween party for me essayyy

ReputationRep:
    i want to do Zanzi. will probably end up in Mosh with metal-friends though. cracking out my old Orthodox Jew costume tonight, YES!

went to the halloween event at JoFo bar last night, on the insistence of my subwarden friend. ended up with me, him and another friend dressed as Lenin, Trotsky and Stalin trolleyed in a completely empty bar. useless freshers all went on Carnage.

was quite proud of my Trotsky costume though!

ReputationRep:
    pictures?

ReputationRep:
    победа!
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Chase and status tonight...nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PirateFlag)
    Yeah you just needed a student card, there were quite a few people in there without the t-shirts on.

I thought both slogans were pretty rubbish to be fair.

What was the DMU slogan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeanzMeanzHeinzWard)
    What was the DMU slogan?
    GET DMU'SED TO IT :woo:
    The actual T-shirt slogan = "Who are the f*** are leicester university?"
    Pretty provocative if you ask me =/

ReputationRep:
    ah fair enough. if their slogan was that harsh then I feel better about ours. Not that we should have stooped to their level though

ReputationRep:
    saw someone wearing one of those shirts again last night. on the front, they say "battle of the uni's"

*sigh* i thought universities were supposed to be full of clever people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imoneofthem)
    GET DMU'SED TO IT :woo:
    The actual T-shirt slogan = "Who are the f*** are leicester university?"
    Pretty provocative if you ask me =/

That's pathetic, at least the Leicester Uni one had a scrap of wit. The DMU slogan doesn't work, it would work if they were the better Uni, but they're not.

:rolleyes:

Who the **** are Leciester University? - they're University of the year and are currently ranked 15th overall...

To be honest though it's all a bit stupid.

ReputationRep:
    anyone at JoFo bar this eve? i was doing a ska and reggae set in there.

didin't occur to me to advertise it on here... damn!

ReputationRep:
    is everyone going home at the end of next week? I'm staying in leicester for the most of the hol
    Dissertation and project worl

ReputationRep:
    i'm off for a bit, then back for New Year.

really don't know what to do after this year though. should i stay in Leicester? i love the place. but one of my best friends (who lived in Leicester permanently) has recently died. i have less of a connection with the place now, and that will only decrease with time as other people move elsewhere when they finish uni. but i still love this place. argh

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. It gunna be weird when everyone else has moved away, and i've already lost a load of people becuase my coursemates all graduated during the time I was in Italy. Weird.
    As for Christmas hols, i'd love to have a big new year party but last time I tried that everyone had gone back home. Lame

ReputationRep:
    I've almost survived my first term at Leicester! Going home on Saturday. It sucks to have to move out all my stuff though

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got in for their PGCE at leicester for 2010???

And happy christmas

xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey what subject? im on my PGCE now, you will love it here! the support is second to none and the placement schools are ace!

ReputationRep:
    im going to be doing secondary social science.. thank you for telling me about the support and that, because its put my mind at ease, i would hate if there wasnt as much support..

what did you do about your accomodation??

x

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, does anyone know what this means? On the 14th Jan I've got an exam (MFL) and it says "DEPT" for the room i'm sitting it in. I'm guessing this means department, but ... where's the Modern Languages department? Other than on the 11th floor of Attenborough... We don't have a building, or a specific room for that class, and it's a computer based exam so we must be in a specific room for it.

ReputationRep:
    maybe it means the department will tell you. I'd send an e-mail to the module co ordinator

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.