The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

The Leicester University chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
She's disappeared off TSR for some reason. And she removed me as a friend on facebook, apparently, although I can't see why she would... :s-smilie:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
maybe she's just trying to get offline in general and not have her life ruled by TSR and facebook! :p: good luck to her, wish I could
Reply 602
Do you guys know the prices for student accommodation for:
Premium en-suite room
Standard + en-suite room
Standard en-suite room
Standard single room

I don’t want to choose one that I can’t really afford so any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Mudya
Do you guys know the prices for student accommodation for:
Premium en-suite room
Standard + en-suite room
Standard en-suite room
Standard single room

I don’t want to choose one that I can’t really afford so any help would be much appreciated
Thanks

how about you check out the accomadation website?
http://www.le.ac.uk/accommodation/
i'm not trying to be rude but the purpose of this thread is for current students to chat to each other, not for prospective students. Hope the website gave you the information you need
Reply 604
museobsessed
how about you check out the accomadation website?
http://www.le.ac.uk/accommodation/
i'm not trying to be rude but the purpose of this thread is for current students to chat to each other, not for prospective students. Hope the website gave you the information you need

No problem, thanks
Heya everyone!:wavey:

So there have been lots of prospective students touring around the University campus and Halls of Residence.

One of the Leicester Ambassadors heading a group around the department remarked that there is a Staples (the stationery and computer software shop) just down the road, around the corner from Nixon Court. :confused: Now can someone shed some light on this for me please? Because I have seen a Homebase and Halfords shop in the complex from around the side of Nixon Court but no Staples.:s-smilie:

So where is this mystery Staples :p: / does it even exist?:ninjagirl:
Staples is behind the odeon
museobsessed
Staples is behind the odeon

Is the Odeon the cinema behind Morrisons' supermarket?:smile:
yup
We got kicked out again, bah. :frown: Although one of the yellow block girls found an iPod down the back of her bed, apparently it belonged to a girl called Imogen. So if anyone knows a yellow block lass named Imogen who lost her iPod last year, we've found it. :biggrin:
Kasphlam
We got kicked out again, bah. :frown: Although one of the yellow block girls found an iPod down the back of her bed, apparently it belonged to a girl called Imogen. So if anyone knows a yellow block lass named Imogen who lost her iPod last year, we've found it. :biggrin:

How the hell could you miss that!! Those beds come out so easily
Hello everyone! :hello: How are we all doing in here? :grouphugs:

Just wondering whether anybody already at Leicester (as I am) knows where the self-catered rooms in Beaumont are located? Old Court? New Court? And what are their proximity to the Botanic Gardens/view from the window thereof?:love: And what are their size of course. :wink: Because I know that there are only a few of them in Beaumont as the resounding majority of rooms there are catered. Also it seems, from an oral concensus that these rooms are bagged by the duty wardens and subwardens :wtf: :s-smilie:? Can anyone shed any light on this claim/validate it? Thanks. :hugs:
Elements-sorry I have no idea about that

I'm just chilling at the moment. Got an essay and revision for finals but they're not going so well at the moment. opps :p:
Reply 613
Elements
Hello everyone! :hello: How are we all doing in here? :grouphugs:

Just wondering whether anybody already at Leicester (as I am) knows where the self-catered rooms in Beaumont are located? Old Court? New Court? And what are their proximity to the Botanic Gardens/view from the window thereof?:love: And what are their size of course. :wink: Because I know that there are only a few of them in Beaumont as the resounding majority of rooms there are catered. Also it seems, from an oral concensus that these rooms are bagged by the duty wardens and subwardens :wtf: :s-smilie:? Can anyone shed any light on this claim/validate it? Thanks. :hugs:

I was in Old Court last year and as far as I was aware, it was all catered, so I would say New Court would be self catered, but not sure which blocks/ how many rooms etc as I know that it also was catered to some extent.

I think the only rooms that have any view of the gardens would be located in Beaumont House (so none of the blocks) but I don't know anymore than that.

I can only speak for the size of rooms in Old Court (and only really Block 4 as thats the only block I ever went in- but I think all of Old Court is basically identical). The rooms did vary in size quite alot but none of them were really tiny. My room was of average size for the block and I found it perfect and loved my room.
Reply 614
QI Elf
I was in Old Court last year and as far as I was aware, it was all catered, so I would say New Court would be self catered, but not sure which blocks/ how many rooms etc as I know that it also was catered to some extent.

I think the only rooms that have any view of the gardens would be located in Beaumont House (so none of the blocks) but I don't know anymore than that.

I can only speak for the size of rooms in Old Court (and only really Block 4 as thats the only block I ever went in- but I think all of Old Court is basically identical). The rooms did vary in size quite alot but none of them were really tiny. My room was of average size for the block and I found it perfect and loved my room.

I think New Court is catered as well as last year Block 6 was catered. I thought it was mainly the houses in Beaumont that were Self-Catered
L3ann3
I think New Court is catered as well as last year Block 6 was catered. I thought it was mainly the houses in Beaumont that were Self-Catered

I think there are only about 12 rooms in Beaumont that are self-catered... I remember filling out my accommodation form last year and reading through the info! There certainly aren't many. Block 6 is catered this year too. :smile:
Reply 616
hello.
i'm moving into spinneys house - john fosters this sep :biggrin:
was wondering if there's anything i need to know or should know?
also, anyone else got spinneys for 2010/11 year??
(I am new to TSR so I have posted this twice on different discussions in hope that someone sees it!)

Hey, would I be right in thinking that self-catered accommodation in Oadby student village are the converted houses? After a lot of tiresome research I haven't been able to find much information that lets you see precisely what the self-catered accommodation looks like (in Oadby village)
On one of the online booklets it stated that the self-catered rooms in GMS are Bredon, Stoughton Leys, Fields House, Kent, Rosenfels and Stamford Hall - is this correct?

and are the self-catered of John Foster like the modern pictures that are on the website?
it says that they are called ashcroft, the beeches, howard, spinneys, treroose, wighton - are these converted house or just the names of the blocks?

Also, has anyone have any information on the self-catered parts in Beaumont? If they look like houses or blocks? What the social aspect is like, how many people are usually per 'houses'?

Sorry for the million questions, I am a bit paranoid about which accommodation I apply for - being a picky vegetarien who is struggling to eventually become Vegan (now I know how a meat eater feels when they try not to eat meat! not eating dairy is HARD... but one day! haha) so I'm pretty set on doing everything i can to get self-catered, but I was also a bit put off when I saw only 25 rooms are available in Beaumont for self-catered, I don't want to be isolated or with a small amount of people

any help would be greatly appreciated! :smile:
Reply 618
pathlesswoods
(I am new to TSR so I have posted this twice on different discussions in hope that someone sees it!)

Hey, would I be right in thinking that self-catered accommodation in Oadby student village are the converted houses? After a lot of tiresome research I haven't been able to find much information that lets you see precisely what the self-catered accommodation looks like (in Oadby village)
On one of the online booklets it stated that the self-catered rooms in GMS are Bredon, Stoughton Leys, Fields House, Kent, Rosenfels and Stamford Hall - is this correct?

and are the self-catered of John Foster like the modern pictures that are on the website?
it says that they are called ashcroft, the beeches, howard, spinneys, treroose, wighton - are these converted house or just the names of the blocks?

Also, has anyone have any information on the self-catered parts in Beaumont? If they look like houses or blocks? What the social aspect is like, how many people are usually per 'houses'?

Sorry for the million questions, I am a bit paranoid about which accommodation I apply for - being a picky vegetarien who is struggling to eventually become Vegan (now I know how a meat eater feels when they try not to eat meat! not eating dairy is HARD... but one day! haha) so I'm pretty set on doing everything i can to get self-catered, but I was also a bit put off when I saw only 25 rooms are available in Beaumont for self-catered, I don't want to be isolated or with a small amount of people

any help would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

They are the houses. There are a few self catered rooms in the main block of John Foster (maybe, like 100?) but many are in the converted houses.

I'm a second year living in The Beeches and it's just amazing and sooooo much nicer than the modern blocks. We have a MASSIVE garden all to ourserselves, the building has loads of original features and so do the rooms- many of the rooms have fireplaces etc.

Sorry but, I don't have any pictures as I don't know how to upload pictures from my phone onto the computer.
to both of you, this thread is for current students only, your questions should be addressed in another thread. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending