University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

The Leicester University chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QwentyJ

Original post by QwentyJ
I think I'll end up having regular get togethers up there tbh. It's a handy meeting place as it's slap bang in the middle of the country.

Yeah, it was quite good fun but then you have to take into account Carla's sexual molestation of anything with a penis and Tess' constant cynicism. I'm sure they've had a lot to say about my map directions but whatever they say, the salient point is that I got them there in the end!

yeh, I go back often (only being an hour away on the train helps). i'm vaugely still looking for jobs there in the hope of moving back.
hahah that sounds like them, I have no idea why Carla is like that. they've not mentioned your map directions at all :p:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 681
Original post by museobsessed

Original post by museobsessed
yeh, I go back often (only being an hour away on the train helps). i'm vaugely still looking for jobs there in the hope of moving back.
hahah that sounds like them, I have no idea why Carla is like that. they've not mentioned your map directions at all :p:

One of my friends from Wolverrrrrrhampton, wo did Archaeology, found a job as a Doctor's secretary and she must have gotten a 3rd - so there are jobs there! I still don't really know the enxt step but I would like to do a second Master's at another University, but I'll have to get a job to be able to pay for that - at this point, I don't mind what the job is, but it would be nice if it tied in with Ancient History.

Excellent news. Thought I'd get my retaliation in first though. TBH, Carla is the sort of person you can put up with for a short space of time. She also turned Dan from normal Gay man to horrendously camp which was somewhat....terrifying. Not that I don't like Tess, Dan and Carla, but I think it's best/safer if I kept myself a bit aloof this term. Got the work to be doing anyway. I still haven't confirmed my dissertation topic tbh, though I have them in mind and have something to go with via Shippers. I've got a ton of work to get through until I start the dissertation though. :frown:
Original post by QwentyJ

Original post by QwentyJ
One of my friends from Wolverrrrrrhampton, wo did Archaeology, found a job as a Doctor's secretary and she must have gotten a 3rd - so there are jobs there! I still don't really know the enxt step but I would like to do a second Master's at another University, but I'll have to get a job to be able to pay for that - at this point, I don't mind what the job is, but it would be nice if it tied in with Ancient History.

Excellent news. Thought I'd get my retaliation in first though. TBH, Carla is the sort of person you can put up with for a short space of time. She also turned Dan from normal Gay man to horrendously camp which was somewhat....terrifying. Not that I don't like Tess, Dan and Carla, but I think it's best/safer if I kept myself a bit aloof this term. Got the work to be doing anyway. I still haven't confirmed my dissertation topic tbh, though I have them in mind and have something to go with via Shippers. I've got a ton of work to get through until I start the dissertation though. :frown:

I have a job at the moment (well, i'm off on sick leave at the moment recovering from surgery but i'm back in 2 weeks) but its only minimum wage so I can't afford to live out of home. It gives me a good amount of spending money though, which is nice and a massive change from being a penniless student. Its more that there are no jobs in the heritage sector area, its all volunteering which would be good experience but not really practical for living.
Second masters? where? In ancient history or something else?
yeh I know what you mean about Carla. Shes great, I love her but shes got so much energy and doesn't stop, like a child does. I can't fathom her but yes shes good in small doses. Shes the best clubbing companion ever, we have very similar music taste so in first year we went out together loads and it was great. Yeh I saw the pictures of her and Dan, haha. I know what you mean about keeping your head down, from the amount of work I hear you guys have its a wonder you get any fun in. Good luck with the diss, i'm SO glad i'm not doing one
Reply 683
Anyone doing English and History?
Reply 684
Just a quick question for anyone who is currenty @ Leicester really:

Does the means tested Bursary (the one for income under 40k) get paid every year or is it a 'one off' payment like a scholarship? (assuming your income stays below the cutoff obviously)
(edited 12 years ago)
Hii looking to meet people on my course :smile: or just starting this year I dont mind :smile:
Psychology starting October 2011 give me a message :smile:
x
Reply 686
Original post by HalestormRocks
Hii looking to meet people on my course :smile: or just starting this year I dont mind :smile:
Psychology starting October 2011 give me a message :smile:
x

Nice to meet you! Psychology 2011 too :smile: Got accommodation yet?
Original post by BigV
Just a quick question for anyone who is currenty @ Leicester really:

Does the means tested Bursary (the one for income under 40k) get paid every year or is it a 'one off' payment like a scholarship? (assuming your income stays below the cutoff obviously)

I'm fairly sure bursaries are every year.
Reply 688
Original post by SirMasterKey
I'm fairly sure bursaries are every year.

Yes you are right.

They got back to my email and confirmed that.
Reply 689
Original post by ellojf
Anyone doing English and History?

English and French so 50% yes!
Reply 690
Hi guys, I need to cancel my TV licence, but they need evidence i.e. confirmation of uni term times. I have just printed off the terms times from the website, but I'm pretty sure they won't accept this as a valid form of evidence. Where can I get a confirmation letter from? Or any other paper copy that states our term times?
Thanks in advance.
Reply 691
Did you get a letter of your occupancy dates etc when you started? I did last year and the year before and thats what I sent off. (I can't remember about this year, but don't have a tv anymore so don't have this issue).
Reply 692
Original post by QI Elf
Did you get a letter of your occupancy dates etc when you started? I did last year and the year before and thats what I sent off. (I can't remember about this year, but don't have a tv anymore so don't have this issue).

Nope, don't remember getting that letter. I'll just go to the office next week and hopefully they will give me something similar.
Reply 693
does any leicester uni hall have a snooker table ?
Nope, just pool. There's a snooker and pool hall in the city centre though.
Original post by grape:)
Nice to meet you! Psychology 2011 too :smile: Got accommodation yet?

I'm psychology too! I've applied for accomodation (ages ago!) but the status hasn't changed from 'submitted.' My offer is conditional though so I'm hoping this is normal?
Reply 696
Original post by ascottheyes
I'm psychology too! I've applied for accomodation (ages ago!) but the status hasn't changed from 'submitted.' My offer is conditional though so I'm hoping this is normal?

You wont get an offer until your status changes to unconditional with UCAS.

My offer went unconditional a month ago and my application status is still 'submitted', I contacted them and they said this is normal, they have a backlog, so accommodation allocation is taking a while.
Original post by BigV
You wont get an offer until your status changes to unconditional with UCAS.

My offer went unconditional a month ago and my application status is still 'submitted', I contacted them and they said this is normal, they have a backlog, so accommodation allocation is taking a while.

Thank you! Can't wait to just find out if I'm going for sure. I loved it there!
Reply 698
Original post by ascottheyes

Which was your first choice for accommodation?
Original post by grape:)
Which was your first choice for accommodation?

JoFo self-catered but I see lots of people have that as their first choice so we'll see! I don't mind too much though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending