Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    haha oh wow, everyone looks young anyway so I find it hard to distinguish between college and university students.

that sounds bad that they were able to go to Freshers Fair just for the freebies and stuff, hopefully they won't do it during Refreshers

ReputationRep:
    Talking of refreshers, love how the club captain has organised the hockey team for refreshers...if he has he hasn't told me. I mean I'm only treasurer, not like I need to know if other people sign up and have paid. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    haha

how seriously do clubs/societies treat Refreshers Fair anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlackMonster)
    haha

how seriously do clubs/societies treat Refreshers Fair anyway?
    Probably not too seriously and you can see why really. Mainly if you'd wanted to sign up for something you more than likely would have done by now.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they would know which people are college kids, plus if they start kicking them out they might mistake me for one considering I'm a foundation year student since I have some classes there.

Also about this refresher thing, do people know which ones are recruiting? I feel I haven't signed up to enough clubs or have signed to the right ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    I don't think they would know which people are college kids, plus if they start kicking them out they might mistake me for one considering I'm a foundation year student since I have some classes there.

Also about this refresher thing, do people know which ones are recruiting? I feel I haven't signed up to enough clubs or have signed to the right ones.
    Well if you wanted to join Men's hockey, Cricket or badminton let me know as I can tell you where to go and see a committee member at a session other than that, I honestly have no idea who is actually doing a stall or not.

ReputationRep:
    yeah I want to join up to more societies but i'm scared about the typical student thing - of going there and there's already cliques there...I dunno if it will be worth it anyway

ReputationRep:
    You might as well join, you might get a bit of stick but overall you'll be fine. Better to do it now then have to do all the fresher 'challenges' and 'welcomes' in the new academic year. They should accept you in as you have that common interest.

If you're into hockey, join mixed. Men's are full of turds. I generally don't like quite a few and only continued with it as I want to play hockey.

ReputationRep:
    Just seen basketball is at the refreshers, yay :banana:

ReputationRep:
    Just seen basketball is at the refreshers, yay :banana:
    I sucked at basketball at school. I use to love netball in primary school but never got the hang of basketball in secondary school. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    I sucked at basketball at school. I use to love netball in primary school but never got the hang of basketball in secondary school. :moon:
    Well I'm not that good at basketball but I'd like to think I'm not terrible either. Plus I think it'll probably be better than football. Even though I like football but I just didn't feel I wanted to be in the uni club :sigh:

I'll probably go every now and then

ReputationRep:
    how did you know which stalls/clubs are going to be at Refreshers Fair?

ReputationRep:

You won't get mistaken as they'll ID people and you have a Uni ID whereas the college kids don't. Also I think they're only likely to challenge people in big groups as that is more of an issue than one or two stragglers. The college kids usually are in groups of 6+ hogging all the sofas. I wouldn't worry if I were you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlackMonster)
    how did you know which stalls/clubs are going to be at Refreshers Fair?
    Checked their facebook groups/pages.

(Original post by SpamBa)
    You won't get mistaken as they'll ID people and you have a Uni ID whereas the college kids don't. Also I think they're only likely to challenge people in big groups as that is more of an issue than one or two stragglers. The college kids usually are in groups of 6+ hogging all the sofas. I wouldn't worry if I were you!
    I suppose you're right, though I also shouldn't worry as I only go to the union if I need to buy something

ReputationRep:
    Union has seemed a bit quieter in the few times I've been in there this week. Maybe it's already working?

ReputationRep:
    I only went twice or three times this week and it seems so, but I didn't notice any action being taken or changes being made.

ReputationRep:
    I only went twice or three times this week and it seems so, but I didn't notice any action being taken or changes being made.
    Same. :holmes:

Maybe the kids just don't bother now and the threat has been enough?

ReputationRep:
    Same. :holmes:

Maybe the kids just don't bother now and the threat has been enough?
    Well there's a week of college left for them until half term so we'll probably see more of them after half term.

Speaking of missing people, have you noticed that there're less and less people this term. The canteen in Beaumont is not as full and I can now find a computer very easily in the library even during peak times. Strange :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Well there's a week of college left for them until half term so we'll probably see more of them after half term.

Speaking of missing people, have you noticed that there're less and less people this term. The canteen in Beaumont is not as full and I can now find a computer very easily in the library even during peak times. Strange :holmes:
    Same. I think it's because there are no looming deadlines! :p:

Canteen I can't comment on as I'm only in Oadby every Monday night for hockey.

ReputationRep:
    Same. I think it's because there are no looming deadlines! :p:

Canteen I can't comment on as I'm only in Oadby every Monday night for hockey.
    It's probably it :lol:

So you don't have to taste their stuff? Lucky, I still have 5 months of this :nopity:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2017

University open days

• University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.