The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

The Leicester University chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheBlackMonster
I know friends who go university in London and they can get food like sausage roll and chips or chicken and chips for £1.50

whereas we only get a sausage roll for £1.20 and you're still left hungry afterwards

I really want to blame the O2 academy for everything being so expensive on campus but who knows. maybe East Midlands is just generally costly anyway

its not to do with the 02 academy. it all started in my second year, everything started going upmarket. first the library, then the union
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Whenever I want lunch, I would normally just go to Morrisons or get something on the way home. A few times recently I went and got a flapjack or two from Nourish as they were 50p :coma:

For sausage rolls I prefer Morrisons ones and can get 4 for under the price of two from Delicious. It's worth that extra effort of walking to the shop.
Got to say that Morrisons Sausage Rolls have changed recently and I'm disappointed.

In other news, the University has now got control of the Nuffield Gym. Anyone tried it out yet?
Original post by SirMasterKey
Got to say that Morrisons Sausage Rolls have changed recently and I'm disappointed.

In other news, the University has now got control of the Nuffield Gym. Anyone tried it out yet?

I heard of that in the website, but I haven't tried it (I never even tried the gym on manor road :lol: ) but I might do....someday. I heard they even have a swimming pool :eek:

I heard Morrisons does chicken and criss cross fries for £2?

is there any truth to this? because if this is correct then I think I will be there for breakfast, lunch and dinner haha
Original post by The Cornerstone
I heard of that in the website, but I haven't tried it (I never even tried the gym on manor road :lol: ) but I might do....someday. I heard they even have a swimming pool :eek:

They do have a pool. We're also getting one at Manor Road from September. From 0 to 2 in just a few months, that's how Leicester rolls. I went to Manor Road gym like 4/5/6 times last year...I lived directly in front of it. :rolleyes: Whoops.

I heard Morrisons does chicken and criss cross fries for £2?

is there any truth to this? because if this is correct then I think I will be there for breakfast, lunch and dinner haha

Afraid I have no idea if they do, sorry.
Reply 826

Mate's staying in Le over Easter and says Nuffield's decent. Apparently loads of cardio, brimming with resistance machines, alright range of free weights.

Pool is a 20m so gonna spend a lot of time underwater, but better than nothing, and it has a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room!
Original post by roh
Mate's staying in Le over Easter and says Nuffield's decent. Apparently loads of cardio, brimming with resistance machines, alright range of free weights.

Pool is a 20m so gonna spend a lot of time underwater, but better than nothing, and it has a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room!

20m? I can do that. :cool:

Now where are my swimming shorts?
Original post by roh

Now that's something to put in the next prospectus! :cool:
Reply 829
Original post by The Cornerstone
Now that's something to put in the next prospectus! :cool:

Absolutely, f**k the research and NSS, check the sauna! It may well happen too...Saying that as a swimmer I shouldn't moan too much as they are attached to a pool (at last!!).
Reply 830
Ok so I'm a bit confused as to what happens after you finish your exams in the summer. If your last exam is say on the 8 June, do you still have to stay at uni till the end of the semester which is 29 June? Would love it if anyone could shed any light on this.
Reply 831
Original post by sofia26
Ok so I'm a bit confused as to what happens after you finish your exams in the summer. If your last exam is say on the 8 June, do you still have to stay at uni till the end of the semester which is 29 June? Would love it if anyone could shed any light on this.

Unless your course says otherwise (medics sometimes do, field trips for archaeology, geoography etc.) then you're free to go.

However, the week after exams is pretty epic and summer ball's well worth the money so I'd hang around LE2 for a bit if I were you.
Reply 832
Does anyone know some good pubs nearby Mary Gee and Nixon court?
Reply 833
Original post by Gxy

There's one near Mary Gee, dunno what it's like.

Dry Dock (Scream) is right next to Nixon. There's a place called the Donkey there too which does live music but you'll mainly go to the Dock just 'cause it's so much cheaper.
Reply 834
Original post by roh
There's one near Mary Gee, dunno what it's like.

Dry Dock (Scream) is right next to Nixon. There's a place called the Donkey there too which does live music but you'll mainly go to the Dock just 'cause it's so much cheaper.

Thank you for your advice :wink:
Reply 835
Original post by Gxy

The Dry Dock, as has already been mentioned. :smile:
Reply 836
Original post by Gxy

I'm going to third the Dry Dock...I've only been once, but I was impressed. Interesting decor, cheap food, cheap drinks. The staff are lovely as well. Great place.
Back to talking about the Post Room at GMS- what are the usual week day opening times supposed to be? Becuase I don't want to get drenched heading out again. :frown:
Reply 838
why is the food on campus so damn expensive?

What's "damn expensive"? Just wondering what the costs of beer and basic food are in the campus area. I'm moving from another country, so I don't really have a clue on what the normal food and beverage prices are in the UK.

:smile:
Reply 839
What would be the best way of getting from Gatwick airport to Leicester on a sunday?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending