Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Bit late... but I'm gonna be here in a few weeks. So excited
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by MissoLuxe)
    Just a quick question...

Will I be able to join spots societies if I don't want to buy a sports card for gym access? I'm a third year btw
    You need at least the basic one for the insurance (if you remember the 1s not having it was behind the whole ****storm of varsity football last year), but you don't need the full gym one

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know when the first day we need to be in is, in particular for Physics? Haven't received any dates yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roh)
    You need at least the basic one for the insurance (if you remember the 1s not having it was behind the whole ****storm of varsity football last year), but you don't need the full gym one
    Ohh ok great, You don't know how much that is do you? Or how much it's been in previous years? Thanks for the reply
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ohh ok great, You don't know how much that is do you? Or how much it's been in previous years? Thanks for the reply
    Think it was about 60 quid last year, not 100% though.

ReputationRep:
    what proportion of the students were 2nd and 3rd years at oadby student village?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Doodalala)
    what proportion of the students were 2nd and 3rd years at oadby student village?
    Basically none other than the RAs, 1 absolute max excluding the postgrad houses up at the very top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Username_valid)
    Anybody know when the first day we need to be in is, in particular for Physics? Haven't received any dates yet...
    Hey, I'll be taking Physics too. I know our course start date is Monday the 30th (registration and welcome from 10:00-12:00), and if you are living in university accommodation I believe the move in date is 29th but it seems like no one has been told officially so we'll probably get an email with times etc soon.

ReputationRep:
    You will need at least the Silver membership which this year will cost £105 for the year.

If you buy before the 7th October you can pay £190 rather than the normal £210 for the gold membership and get full use of gym and swimming.

http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/sports/membership/student

Personally probably won't be using the gym much but I plan on regularly swimming so must have for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pindi95)
    Hey, I'll be taking Physics too. I know our course start date is Monday the 30th (registration and welcome from 10:00-12:00), and if you are living in university accommodation I believe the move in date is 29th but it seems like no one has been told officially so we'll probably get an email with times etc soon.
    Woo Hi! Yeah I found those times on the website thanks, but haven't received anything from the uni yet so wanted to be sure. I'm raring to go now lol, it's been a long summer but I think I need to recap some of the A2 stuff. How you feeling about starting the course?

ReputationRep:
    Woo Hi! Yeah I found those times on the website thanks, but haven't received anything from the uni yet so wanted to be sure. I'm raring to go now lol, it's been a long summer but I think I need to recap some of the A2 stuff. How you feeling about starting the course?
    Woo! Yeah I got the welcome and registration times in an attachment in an email titled 'Congratulations and Welcome' I received on 23rd August. You might want to check if you got that email. If not, I'd ring to double check that your contact info etc. is all correct. Haven't received ANYTHING about moving in dates/times though. Getting a little inconveniently late from the uni's end lol.

But yeah... Longest. Summer. Ever. -.-'. Dare I say it, I'm actually kinda bored. Probably going to recap some A2 stuff as well over the next 2 weeks we have left. Give me something to do as well as saving me from looking stupid. Haha

I'm quite excited to start now. Nervous, but really excited. Can't wait to get started now. How about you? Will you be living out at the uni too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pindi95)
    Woo! Yeah I got the welcome and registration times in an attachment in an email titled 'Congratulations and Welcome' I received on 23rd August. You might want to check if you got that email. If not, I'd ring to double check that your contact info etc. is all correct. Haven't received ANYTHING about moving in dates/times though. Getting a little inconveniently late from the uni's end lol.

But yeah... Longest. Summer. Ever. -.-'. Dare I say it, I'm actually kinda bored. Probably going to recap some A2 stuff as well over the next 2 weeks we have left. Give me something to do as well as saving me from looking stupid. Haha

I'm quite excited to start now. Nervous, but really excited. Can't wait to get started now. How about you? Will you be living out at the uni too?
    Ah Ok, I might just email them. Although we do seem to be starting later than every other uni lol.

Aha I know how you feel, I had all these marvellous plans during my exams of what I will do over summer, completed the exams and hardly kept to any of the plans lol. I feel like I need to be more productive. I think I've forgotten a lot over the summer haha.

Yeah there are certainly nerves but more excitement I think. New chapter of life about to begin. I've been watching 'through the wormhole' recently which I think is really good, you might want to check it out if you haven't already seen it. I'm going to be commuting.

ReputationRep:
    hi there, is anyone going to be in Grosvenor house this year? feel like majority of people will be from DMU

ReputationRep:
    Ah Ok, I might just email them. Although we do seem to be starting later than every other uni lol.

Aha I know how you feel, I had all these marvellous plans during my exams of what I will do over summer, completed the exams and hardly kept to any of the plans lol. I feel like I need to be more productive. I think I've forgotten a lot over the summer haha.

Yeah there are certainly nerves but more excitement I think. New chapter of life about to begin. I've been watching 'through the wormhole' recently which I think is really good, you might want to check it out if you haven't already seen it. I'm going to be commuting.
    Yeah I would do. Most of my recent emails from the uni have been on my university email address since I've registered.

And lol, really? Majority of my school friends are starting on 30th, with freshers maybe being the week before for some of them unlike ours.

Haha. Exactly that. I had so much planned and have hardly done anything. I think a recap would be a good idea for me too lol. And ooh, thanks for the heads up, I might check it out now while I'm still free.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know when we're supposed to move in? I'm not sure if it's the 22nd or 29th of September

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbridge96)
    Does anybody know when we're supposed to move in? I'm not sure if it's the 22nd or 29th of September

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Which halls?
    Lasdun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbridge96)
    Lasdun
    So GMS.

Unless you're a medic will be around 29th. Move in days are normally just a couple of days before term starts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    So GMS.

Unless you're a medic will be around 29th. Move in days are normally just a couple of days before term starts.
    Perfect, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I can't seem to find this out anywhere so I'll ask here. Does anyone know what date we are supposed to move in? Because the only date I can find is the 29th of September and that's listed as the start of term so it doesn't seem likely that we are supposed to move in then....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2017

University open days

• University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.