Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiordySays)
    Done that and emailed the IT department as well.
    By 'Done That' I assume you just emailed them? When?

Quickest responce would have been by phone.

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone  I've just firmed Leicester and was wondering what Rocklands house is like? I really liked Beaumont when I visited, but want to be self catered. What is the kitchen/living facilities like? How big are the bedrooms? If it's bad, which halls do you suggest? Sorry for all the questions, thank you 

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys Was actually wondering, how much on average do students spend per week or month? Excluding rent How affordable is Leicester compared to London (I've only been to London so just to get a comparison)? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I am thinking of confirming Leicester for my BA English. What is it like at the Uni for freshers? Are there many international students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddalgi)
    Hi guys Was actually wondering, how much on average do students spend per week or month? Excluding rent How affordable is Leicester compared to London (I've only been to London so just to get a comparison)? Thanks in advance
    Hi I'm Jacob and a student ambassador at Leicester.

Student living is very cheap here at Leicester, for the second year in a row we've been found as the most affordable Uni destination in the UK for first years, and the second most affordable for second year students. Spending (all spending including bills etc) is less the £200 per week.

I would say it is a lot cheaper comparable to London on rent costs alone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilylaurenmay)
    Hello everyone  I've just firmed Leicester and was wondering what Rocklands house is like? I really liked Beaumont when I visited, but want to be self catered. What is the kitchen/living facilities like? How big are the bedrooms? If it's bad, which halls do you suggest? Sorry for all the questions, thank you 

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi!

I had a friend who live in Rocklands in first year and the house is really nice! The facilities are also good, and the bedrooms are a good size (they are single rooms but I hope this is ok!). If you do have any problems with your accommodation you can speak to the accommodation office and they can help you out.

Hope this is ok and congrats for getting into Leicester, you will love it!

Hannah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wincastle)
    Hey. I am thinking of confirming Leicester for my BA English. What is it like at the Uni for freshers? Are there many international students?
    Hi there!

Freshers week is amazing! I've just graduated but freshers was probably my favourite week/year. You have so much fun and meet many new people who will be your friends for life!

There are numerous events over the two weeks, over the past three years there has been events such as foam party, UV party, roller disco, bar crawls, the list is endless! We've also had numerous stars such as S Club and Zane Lowe. We also have free events inc in the wristband such as free sunday roast! It might be different this year but they'll probably have similar events.

There are loads of international students too.

Hope this helps!

Hannah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grumps101)
    What do we need to bring in the way of kitchen items for catered accommodation? Obviously we get breakfast and dinner but will need to make lunch sometimes and things...
    Hey, I'm a student at the moment at the University of Leicester. I lived in catered accommodation in first year and literally I bought some cutlery, a few glasses and mugs and one bowl (you might want to have a plate too but I just got lazy...!). Basically it was the bare minimum!

I know that in Beaumont that there was no oven or hob so it was pointless having pots and pans and things. However, if you arrive at university without pots and pans and realise you do have the facilities in your halls, there is always the 24 hour ASDA down the road so not anything to panic about really!

Hope this helps!

Beth

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've just confirmed to do engineering with a foundation year as I slightly missed my grade offer. I'm so excited to go to Leicester as its always where I've wanted to go to, however I'm wondering about freshers week. Do we all go down for the 28th of September, or do we go down earlier for freshers, and do you have lectures during freshers week as the website seems like you do ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cameron.stuart97)
    Hi, I've just confirmed to do engineering with a foundation year as I slightly missed my grade offer. I'm so excited to go to Leicester as its always where I've wanted to go to, however I'm wondering about freshers week. Do we all go down for the 28th of September, or do we go down earlier for freshers, and do you have lectures during freshers week as the website seems like you do ?
    Hi there!

Once you're accommodation has been confirmed it will tell you the dates that you can move to Leicester which does tend to be around that date. Freshers starts from there so you won't be missing out on anything!

The only lectures we have are welcome talks which introduces you to the subject you are studying then the following week is when lectures begin I believe from what I remember.

Hope you have a fantastic time and good luck with your studies!!

Hannah

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have a room in Bowder Court Block DD and was just wondering if anyone on here has a room in the same block or nearby would be good to get to know people before arriving?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aparker4)
    Hey I have a room in Bowder Court Block DD and was just wondering if anyone on here has a room in the same block or nearby would be good to get to know people before arriving?
    I'm in Bowder Court Block BB!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can anyone explain what the difference is between a premium ensuite and a premium plus ensuite? I can't seem to tell the difference. 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bcb14)

I know that in Beaumont that there was no oven or hob so it was pointless having pots and pans and things.
    Hi I was wondering what kitchen appliances are available in the Beaumont catered kitchens? There are no pictures online and we weren't shown during the visit day. If there are no hobs or ovens how is lunch meant to be cooked?

ReputationRep:
    I bought a new pizza cutter and can opener the other day, so if anyone needs to open a tin of fruit cocktail or cut a pizza, hit me up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Crafter)
    Hi, can anyone explain what the difference is between a premium ensuite and a premium plus ensuite? I can't seem to tell the difference. 😊
    According to the website, it seems premium plus has 'premium internet service' - faster internet speed I guess

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain the wristband story? I know we get one that allows access to all(?) freshers events but when and where do we buy them if they need to be bought?
    The reason why I ask is because all the tickets for some of the freshers events in town are selling out so I didn't know whether we had to buy a ticket or not i.e. Will the wristband cover it ALL.
    Thank you in advance! 😃

(Original post by eggpotato)
    According to the website, it seems premium plus has 'premium internet service' - faster internet speed I guess
    Yes I read that online too but I'm just wondering what the "plus" signifies as it is two different types of rooms in terms of prices. 😊 Thank you though! 😃

ReputationRep:
    Just received an email about the rebranding. Going to miss the older badge now. Currently wearing my hoody and the older badge just looks nicer.

KLind of miss the university as well :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hbarton11)
    Hi there!

Once you're accommodation has been confirmed it will tell you the dates that you can move to Leicester which does tend to be around that date. Freshers starts from there so you won't be missing out on anything!

The only lectures we have are welcome talks which introduces you to the subject you are studying then the following week is when lectures begin I believe from what I remember.

Hope you have a fantastic time and good luck with your studies!!

Hannah
    Hi, could you please tell me how Leicester is like area wise?
    I have heard that Leicester is a "shithole" from some of my friends, but I want to go study there. Is the uni good, is it worth it?

ReputationRep:
    I know that this thread is old but if anybody is still using this, what are the John Foster houses like? Are they near the John Foster pavilions or are they away from everything?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2017

University open days

1. University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  2. University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.