Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Very un-talkative apparantly....

ReputationRep:
    seems so. whos gunna update us on Leicester news while we're not there?

ReputationRep:
    These pesky kids in the 1st and 2nd years. Damn, it seems like only yesterday....

ReputationRep:
    I know. I had a **** second year though, so I prefer not to think about it

ReputationRep:
    Conversely, I loved my scond year, I won't rub it in though....

I heard we lost in Varsity!! Shocking.

ReputationRep:
    really? damn
    nah first year rules! drinking, broken hearts, no work, making friends. nothing beats it!
    I just got my e-mail from Neil about chosing modules! excitement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    really? damn
    nah first year rules! drinking, broken hearts, no work, making friends. nothing beats it!
    I just got my e-mail from Neil about chosing modules! excitement
    That the "ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS" one?

ReputationRep:
    maybe. it was just about choosing modules sometime soon

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, same. I've got to choose mine for here too! I think I'm going to have a lot of essays to do in 4 months to hit the 60 ects points! (gulp)

ReputationRep:
    essays? ****!! I do oral exams. They are in italian though. I need to take 4 more exams to get my 60 credits. I have 3 modules still to finish

ReputationRep:
    Lucky! Well, I guess I'll have to try and convince my tutors for this term, but the standard practice is a powerpoint presentation and a 5000 word essay! I have work from last term left as well. I remember Neil saying that near 60 points should be okay, but I really don't want to f**k up.

This is my biggest gripe with the Erasmus, I had no idea there was going to be this much work!

ReputationRep:
    essay in Greek? bloody hell! I don't have that much work here, I mean I mostly don't do much. I should be reading and stuff but I can't be arsed and the lecturers think its petty to give people who are only here for a year bad marks

ReputationRep:
    essay in Greek? bloody hell! I don't have that much work here, I mean I mostly don't do much. I should be reading and stuff but I can't be arsed and the lecturers think its petty to give people who are only here for a year bad marks
    Thankfully the essays are in english!! I want to travel in the summer, which is especially annoying, and the lecturers are often hard to find. Plus my helpful tutor is taking time off after getting Deep Vein Thrombosis, so I have my work cut out!! If I plan on returning at the beggining to middle of July....

ReputationRep:
    thank god for that! and I know what you mean about lecturers. One of mine never turns up!!!
    Good luck anyway

ReputationRep:
    thank god for that! and I know what you mean about lecturers. One of mine never turns up!!!
    Good luck anyway
    Ta, I'm going to stick it to the average Greek man (Kostas).

ReputationRep:
    is the adverage Greek man as hot as Alex Kapranos?
    (I'm having a Franz phase atm, please excuse obsessive behaviour)

ReputationRep:
    is the adverage Greek man as hot as Alex Kapranos?
    (I'm having a Franz phase atm, please excuse obsessive behaviour)
    Erm....

If by hot you mean hairier and slicker than a 3.30 am kebab, then yes.

Greek girls though....(finds appropriate smiley) :drool:

The other enjoyable thing is that I am the go to person for speaking English, having said that, they can't decipher my accent, even though it's not that hard....

ReputationRep:
    damn. I was thinking more along the lines of indie cool and razor jawlines. boo
    haha I get that sometimes here. Everyone who learns english learns american english so when I say things people sometimes find it hard

ReputationRep:
    damn. I was thinking more along the lines of indie cool and razor jawlines. boo
    haha I get that sometimes here. Everyone who learns english learns american english so when I say things people sometimes find it hard
    Bloody yanks. We (I say we, but I'm Scottish) blinkin' invented it. Arrive late for 2 world wars and somehow you're everyone's friend. Pah....

ReputationRep:
    I know I know. Its my pet hate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.