Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    Yeh I got a "are you OK" after the earthquake, admittedly that was very far from me though, unlike the riots for you.
    I havn't checked my e-mail yet. Surely it tells you? I remember it being complicated though
    Just sent me Module Preference form off and altogether relieved.

None too happy with the Semester 2 choices there though, there were a lot of poor modules there, so I really only had 2 I wanted to do for that!! Boo.

Done and dusted now though - really hope I get the warfare one with Simon James - I made it pretty clear that warfare would be in my dissertation and career plans, so I figured they couldn't possibly stop me from doing that module if I put those tidbits in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Just sent me Module Preference form off and altogether relieved.

None too happy with the Semester 2 choices there though, there were a lot of poor modules there, so I really only had 2 I wanted to do for that!! Boo.

Done and dusted now though - really hope I get the warfare one with Simon James - I made it pretty clear that warfare would be in my dissertation and career plans, so I figured they couldn't possibly stop me from doing that module if I put those tidbits in!
    yes me too! all done and dusted. I know! second semester choices were really boring. I chose climate change and hunter gatherers and yes!! I chose warfare too! Really really want to do that module, i hope I see you in it (if i get in it too).

ReputationRep:
    yes me too! all done and dusted. I know! second semester choices were really boring. I chose climate change and hunter gatherers and yes!! I chose warfare too! Really really want to do that module, i hope I see you in it (if i get in it too).
    Yeah, hopefully see you there!

What's up at the moment? I'm gonna get some points for me language course after all, plus one of my lecture courses is actually a post-grad, so I get 2 more points! Huzzah.

Last day of my week holiday today. The parents came over and we're about to leave Santorini! Which was very nice. Back to essays tomorrow though....

ReputationRep:
    Nothing much is up at the moment. I have my last exams next week. Extra credits is good, i'm glad you got that.
    Oh holiday sounds great. My parents are coming over the weekend after next and thats when i'm coming home for good.
    back to reading endless revision

ReputationRep:
    18 credits for the language course!! Really needed that - less essays for me then!

Did you get that e-mail from Neil? Any idea what this means?:

4. In place of the 10 credit Ar3044 dissertations are now 40 credits for you, so this should give more scope for you to shine in terms of independent research on a theme of your interest! Word limit 10,000. What is crucial is that you confirm with me - or the dissertations co-ordinator, Pim Allison ([email protected]) - your topic. You should also provide a summary of what work you may have done on the dissie whilst away, but also what you intend to do this summer. The summer is very very important for getting into this. Many students slip up by relaxing over the hols!!! Please make contact with your allocated supervisor, or contact Pim to see if any change has occurred due to staff leave, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Not checked my e-mail, but I have e-mailed Mark (my diss tutor)
    I'm massively fed up because I was planning to leave italy next weekend but this stupid ***** of a lecturer isn't here next week and so can't do my exam. I ******* hate her. Que massive stress and anger. I'm also pretty homesick which doesn't help.
    It'll get sorted out eventually. I'm thinking about coming home and then going back later to do the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like you had the same problem I had earlier in the year trying to get hold of a tutor!! I don't know what it is with these Southern European Universities, but they're so disorganised! Do you know how long she will be away for? I've got near enough a month or so left. I think I'll bust this essay and another one today and going into the next month and then do my other ones at home. But I'll need to do the research mostly here as I can't be arsed to trot to Leicester just to research in the Library! So, even if you do have to wait, hopefully it won't be for too long.

ReputationRep:
    I know, they are impossible to find! Shes only away for a week, but I was planning to go home at the end of that week, which means theres no time and thats why i'm having all these problems. Good luck with the essays. Its less hot here now, last week it was 35-37 degrees all week and I was dying

ReputationRep:
    Evening all, i just got a 100% confirmation that i will be studying at Leicester starting in september

going to be doing PGCE Secondary Geography..

woop.

ReputationRep:
    woo welcome. where will you be living?

ReputationRep:
    I am commuting from Nottingham where I will be living with who I went to uni with and my GF. I am hoping that the schools I get placed in for my PGCE will be north Leicester and easy on the milage for my car.

ReputationRep:
    cool

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm doing criminology in September and can't find anybody else on starting the same course. Is it not a very popular course?

ReputationRep:
    when i first went to uni Criminology and forensics was one of the most overpopulated courses at the uni...mainly because at the time all the variations of CSI were huge on TV...everyone wanted to be a CSI!!!...then 2 weeks into uni then went from the most overpopulated to the least populated when everyone found out they didnt nothing like on the TV lol.

kinda makes me glad im crap at science, otherwise i may have be drawn in lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm living on Evington Road again. Mixed feelings :p:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received their information/welcome package from the university yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Ariel_)
    Has anyone received their information/welcome package from the university yet?
    I'm a soon to be 2nd year so I can't exactly comment, howver I would have thought that they would be sent out after A Level results are published once everyone knows they got in. I think mine came actually on exam results day.

I'm in halls again this year and haven't head anything from them since I comfirmed my room.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so excited to be going back in October
    less happy about my house

ReputationRep:
    I'm so excited to be going back in October
    less happy about my house
    What's wrong with the house? Bad location?

I'm sooooooooooo excited to be back as well. Living with friends, awesome new course, back to playing volleyball, FRESHERS, aghghghg I'm so excited :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I'd quite like to be back in Leicester now!
    Can't wait for Freshers!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.