The Student Room Group

my EPQ question

I want to do the EPQ question 'to what extent is criminal profiling biased?' but I am worried that it is too specific and there will not be enough information to do research on, could anyone give me any advice?
'to what extent is criminal profiling biased?'
I think this is probably a decent question - are you coming at it from a cognitive psychology angle, or from a law angle, or even sociological?
Reply 2
I would probably take a cognitive psychology approach, but I am interested in doing both law and psychology as subjects so I'm not sure which would be best.
Original post by cheadle
'to what extent is criminal profiling biased?'
I think this is probably a decent question - are you coming at it from a cognitive psychology angle, or from a law angle, or even sociological?
The cog psych angle is probably the strongest. There is probably a way of linking it to the law, as that is one key area where the bias may be evident. Your challenge with the study as a whole is to locate an area of debate, where you can critically evaluate two or more positions. It will help if you can get a feel for what you think the answer to your question will ultimately be.

Quick Reply

Latest