The Student Room Group

Hesitating between University of Leicester and University of Wolverhampton M.SC PSYCH

Hesitating between University of Leicester and University of Wolverhampton M.SC PSYCH (CONVERSION). UNI LEICESTER IS 4300£ more expensive but is much higher ranked. Quid?

The uni of Leicester degree is 11500£ and uni of Wolverhampton is 7200£.

Both are BPS accredited.

I'm thinking about uni of Leicester because it's ranked a top 200 uni in the world and the "brand name" is quite strong. They have a 71% acceptance rate though.

Uni of Wolverhampton is more selective in their applications so that is the advantage with them, that you could say you got in at a very picky uni.

Is uni of Leicester worth the 4300£ higher tuition or not?

I'm hesitant which of these two to go with.

I just bought a house so need to be careful with money, albeit could afford either by frugaling up my lifestyle.

Would appreciate insights into which one is better and why.
I would think that the extra investment is worth it, tbh.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
I would think that the extra investment is worth it, tbh.

Because of the higher ranking of Leicester or because it's better known under employers?
Would like to hear your thoughts on as for why you think Leicester is better.
Am also leaning towards Leicester tbh.
Original post by v1996
Because of the higher ranking of Leicester or because it's better known under employers?
Would like to hear your thoughts on as for why you think Leicester is better.
Am also leaning towards Leicester tbh.

Reputations and rankings can be overrated. But when a body of evidence points in a single direction....
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Reputations and rankings can be overrated. But when a body of evidence points in a single direction....

True.
It's 4300£ more but it would leave me with a degree I would be proud of for the rest of my life.
I hesitate that it would be the same if I went with Wolverhampton, since Wolverhampton seems to be less well known and doesn't have as much research activities as Leicester.
Was their research also the body of evidence you were pointing at?
@v1996

Go with the one where you think you would have the best experience. I have a degree, MSc, PGCE and PGCSENDco (across 3 different Universities) and have worked in education for over 10 years and I've never been asked once where my qualifications were from, or even what the grade was for my degree

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest