The Student Room Group

Spot in ear?

Over the past week or so, I’ve had something form inside my ear which feels like a spot. It’s not deep inside, I can feel it with my finger, but it’s quite painful and I’m finding it hard to hear on that side because it’s fairly swollen.

I was just wondering if this is normal because I seem to get them quite a lot, as does my mum. It does eventually pop but sometimes comes back two or three more times before fading for a while. Should I be worried or is this alright?
If you're worried then I strongly advise you to see your GP
Original post by iL1L
If you're worried then I strongly advise you to see your GP

Thanks, I think I’ll try to soon. My GP only does phone appointments so I’ve been a little reluctant tbh :s-smilie:
I've had one of these before.. for a while. I was at PGL (camping cabin type trip) and it's out in the wild so I reckon it's just a bite.
I have this happen to me all the time. Mine are just spots and what you're describing sounds the same although no-one online is going to be able to tell you for sure. If it is just spots, not really sure what to suggest to reduce them, mine seem to have just randomly reduced over time without change. I've been told (although not sure how true this is) when it first started happening to me that a likely cause is due to regularity of me having earphones in as apparently having them in a lot can cause spots as they irritate your ears if you wear them too much
Original post by aLiteralChild
I've had one of these before.. for a while. I was at PGL (camping cabin type trip) and it's out in the wild so I reckon it's just a bite.

Original post by Anonymous
I have this happen to me all the time. Mine are just spots and what you're describing sounds the same although no-one online is going to be able to tell you for sure. If it is just spots, not really sure what to suggest to reduce them, mine seem to have just randomly reduced over time without change. I've been told (although not sure how true this is) when it first started happening to me that a likely cause is due to regularity of me having earphones in as apparently having them in a lot can cause spots as they irritate your ears if you wear them too much

I’m relieved to know it’s not just me - thank you! :biggrin: I think they are just spots or bites tbh, seeing as my mum gets them and has never had any further issues
I literally have this at the moment! I also have a flare up of my jaw arthritis on the same side as my ear so the pain is awful since jaw and ear pain radiate together. I've had these spots in my ear before, I just let them go away on their own and usually they do within a week or so. I don't know about you but my spot is itchy and its so hard not to scratch it! Don't scratch! As tempting as it is :laugh:
Original post by Rum Ham
I literally have this at the moment! I also have a flare up of my jaw arthritis on the same side as my ear so the pain is awful since jaw and ear pain radiate together. I've had these spots in my ear before, I just let them go away on their own and usually they do within a week or so. I don't know about you but my spot is itchy and its so hard not to scratch it! Don't scratch! As tempting as it is :laugh:

On the one hand I’m relieved to know I’m not alone, but on the other hand oh god I really feel for you! :console:
My jaw is very painful right now as well :s-smilie: and I’ve been scratching like crazy but I’m trying to stop :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest