Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i dunno if this is true but ive heard frm lot of ppl and websites saying that using hair products such as wax,gels,mouse,hair spray etc can damage your hair and cause hair loss, is this true? ive been using these quite alot...basically evrytime i finished washing my hair/shower i will apply those products on my hair straight away and i dunno is it because im paranoid or somthing i started to realise a little patch on my back of my head and on the front (just very little patch cant rly see it clearly from far away)

ReputationRep:
    Constant overuse may cause hair to become dry and weaken it, which may cause it to break easier, but I don't see how it would cause actually hair loss neccesarily, because hairloss is a problem with the roots and products wouldn't effect that.

ReputationRep:
    It does cause hair loss, if over used obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.......... cause you're damaging the basic chemical structure of the hair

Especially hair dyes and stuff..... and particularly bleaching it

If you use that stuff a lot.. use the new conditionders and stufff that the companies keep releasing to help it out

ReputationRep:
    how about excessively dying the hair? Well i have very limited experience with this topic i often see celeb dye their hair like ever day? wouldn't that damaged the hair or cause hair loss?

ReputationRep:
    i never use hair dye, i just use the genuine hair styling products out there like the shockwaves define shine wax and v05 texturising gum, i dont even know whether im over using em or not i just apply a fair amount (roughly size of my thumb) on my hands, rub it all over my palms an apply to my hair, i dont reapply another layer again an again. But i dunno i mite still be over using em coz i have very thick hair i need to use enough to cover all parts of my hair. i simply had to use these products no matter what coz i feel i look very ugly/stupid if my hairs not styled

ReputationRep:
    thats ridiculous... dyeing/overstyling hair could make it drier, but that'll only affect the lengths, not the roots, which is where hair grows from... using heat styling tools can contribute to hair loss, but only because you tend to pull at the roots when you do it

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.