The Student Room Group

Oxford Math Applicants 2023

Thought I would make one since I haven't seen any yet.

How's the MAT prep going guys?
Reply 1
Original post by kjhbgvfcghjiko

decent but only done up to 2013. do they get a lot harder than the 2013 paper?
Original post by kffk
decent but only done up to 2013. do they get a lot harder than the 2013 paper?

I found 2011 - 2017 (excluding 2015 that paper was horrific) to be of similar difficulty. But apparently it gets noticeably harder after 2017.
Reply 3
so good scores in the early papers dont guarantee youll do well in the later ones?
I found 2011 - 2017 (excluding 2015 that paper was horrific) to be of similar difficulty. But apparently it gets noticeably harder after 2017.

Heya!
Practice is the best way to prepare for the admissions test so make sure to do them + look at the mark scheme to see where you went wrong.
If you need any extra material for MAT, I would recommend checking out Oxbridge Mind website for free MAT resource (free past papers, notes and articles). You can also use other past papers like STEP to practice for the MAT exam :h:
Good luck and I hope this helps!
Oxbridge Mind

not really, 2020 was somewhat easy (though the % for an offer was super high). I don't know if it's an anomaly or things will be much worse this year
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by kffk
so good scores in the early papers dont guarantee youll do well in the later ones?

Good scores in the early papers definitely is a good sign, just keep practicing!
Original post by user993990
not really, 2020 was somewhat easy (though the % for an offer was super high). I don't know if it's an anomaly or things will be much worse this year

I feel like it was an anomaly (maybe COVID had something to do with it)
Does anyone have any tips for how to improve in question 1? I feel like that's the only aspect bringing down my score :/

Quick Reply

Latest