Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best friend and I dont talk much anymore Watch

Hey all,

So I cam back t uni this year, and started being really good friends with this guy, and we talked quite a bit, and hung round with each other all the time. We;d talk on msn and all that, and I really saw him as a best friend. Now, a few months down the line, he doesnt talk to me much anymore, he doesnt initiate conversations, gives me one word answers and I always seem to be asking the question. Im not sure how he saw me in the first place, but I saw him as a really good friend, and its just depresing me that we seem to be growing apart. What should I do? I really want to be good friends with him, but Im not sure whether hes doing this consciously because he doesnt like me, or just subconsciously. Argh!

ReputationRep:
    dont worry.ups and downs r the part of life.if u will care him more he will ignore u.the solution is that ignore him.then he will come to u.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mian Jawad)
    dont worry.ups and downs r the part of life.if u will care him more he will ignore u.the solution is that ignore him.then he will come to u.
    What!? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    i mean dont give him any attention

ReputationRep:
    if u still cant undrstnd then pm me ur email then i will tell u.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mian Jawad)
    if u still cant undrstnd then pm me ur email then i will tell u.
    Hahahahaha! I bet you'll send rude pictures as well.. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Ohh no.i cant think about it.

ReputationRep:
    He's probably wondering why you haven't ****** him yet.

I'm assuming you're a girl.

ReputationRep:
    If hes being off with you for no reason, then he obviously wasnt that good of a friend.
    Just ask him outright if theres something bothering him if he still doesn't respond then just leave him to it. Everything happens for a reason, people change, we grow, learn. Don't be depressed its a simple part of life. You meet new people, and you lose old friends.

Take care

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.