ReputationRep:
    Name: Ricky
    Subject: Politics
    Offer Status: Acknowledged

ReputationRep:
    Name Nora
    Course Biological Sciences (Psychology)
    Offer pending...

are there only 2 people applying for psychology?

ReputationRep:
    Name: Future-Vet

Course: Veterinary Medicine

Offer: BB :woo: Top choice! :love:

Also...

Course: Chemistry (Mchem)

Offer: Unconditional (not taking it!!!)

ReputationRep:
    Name: elle17
    Application Subject: Medicine
    Conditions: Discolsure check

ReputationRep:
    Name: RockyRoad
    Subject: Law LLB

"Your application is pending our decision"

ReputationRep:
    Name: Zenobia
    Application Subject: Ancient History and Classical Archaeology

Still pending...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugofinelioze)
    Name Nora
    Course Biological Sciences (Psychology)
    Offer pending...

are there only 2 people applying for psychology?
    Sure feels like it. I've not seen anyone else who's applying for Psych at edinburgh. Fingers crossed eh?

ReputationRep:
    Name: Millie the Philosopher
    Course: Mind and Language
    Still waiting, even though it's rather a tiny subject, NARGH!

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from them today asking for more information. Did anyone else get an email recently or did they acknowledge your application right after you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bochis)
    I got an email from them today asking for more information. Did anyone else get an email recently or did they acknowledge your application right after you applied?
    I got an acknowledgement and they didn't ask for more information. I did expect them to though, so I have it all ready if they need it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliethephilosopher)
    Name: Millie the Philosopher
    Course: Mind and Language
    Still waiting, even though it's rather a tiny subject, NARGH!
    Your with LEL (Ling and Eng Lang) though, they're the slowest people on earth when it comes to doing anything. At least, the people who make the decisions are - the course secertary is great but thats no help until you actually get here! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think M and L people share lectures with linguistics in the earlier years so they might wait to consider your application when they do the other linguistics offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zenobia)
    I got an acknowledgement and they didn't ask for more information. I did expect them to though, so I have it all ready if they need it.
    Sorry, did you get an acknowledgement right after you applied or much later on? I ask this because my email was regarding the international relations course and I'm just trying to figure out whether or not them asking for my high school transcript in addition to my IB marks is a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bochis)
    Sorry, did you get an acknowledgement right after you applied or much later on? I ask this because my email was regarding the international relations course and I'm just trying to figure out whether or not them asking for my high school transcript in addition to my IB marks is a good thing.
    I... don't remember. I think I send off my application October 13 and by the end of October (28 or something?) I got my EUCLID code and stuff.

Oxford e-mailed me the last week of November asking for my report cards and everything. To be send to them within a week! That was very stressful (things don't move that fast at my school). But at least if the other universities want it as well (which I'd understand) I have it for them. In other words: I was also asked for information by one university, but not yet by Edinburgh.

I think it's pretty normal for them to ask that of foreign students. At least it probably means they're looking at/considering your application.

Then again, IB marks on their own should be clear enough to them, so I don't know what they mean. E-mail them to ask and clarify?

ReputationRep:
    Name: Scott (sjames06)
    Course: Medicine MBChB
    Offer: B in Human Biology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjames06)
    Name: Scott (sjames06)
    Course: Medicine MBChB
    Offer: B in Human Biology
    WELLL DONE!!!!

i know i dont like chat here but feel the need to congratulate

its seriously amazing here (just getting my bit in for ed med)

ReputationRep:
    Name: Rosie9391
    Course: Physical Geography with Geology
    Offer: BB Scottish Highers - Maths and Admin

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.