Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to get an offer for ESPS without an interview?

ReputationRep:
    If you live too far away and you seem awesome then yeah, but they aren't short of time so they'd probably interview you anyway.

Does anyone know when they usually send invitations to interview for ESPS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExDeusVenitBritannia)
    If you live too far away and you seem awesome then yeah, but they aren't short of time so they'd probably interview you anyway.

Does anyone know when they usually send invitations to interview for ESPS?
    Two of my friends just got interviews... I haven't heard from them, though.

The thing is, the web site mentions that 'UK and EU residents' are expected to come for interview, but I am an EU citizen living in Norway. That should qualify me for a telephone interview, but I don't think they've realised that.

ReputationRep:
    I think what they mean is that if it's hard for you to travel to London (ie expensive, or involving legal difficulties with being outside the EU) then you can be interviewed by telephone. In the UK we see Norway as an EU member state anyway, so if you were to press for a phone interview, even though technically permissable, they would no doubt see it as a lack of enthusiasm for the subject and the university. If you can turn up, do turn up is the moral of the story.

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering how likely it is you'll get rejected after interview from ESPS. Which I suppose depends on offerslaces... if 100 people are interviewed for 40 places...

Meh we'll see :B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    I'm wondering how likely it is you'll get rejected after interview from ESPS. Which I suppose depends on offerslaces... if 100 people are interviewed for 40 places...

Meh we'll see :B

I just got an interview!!!! Is it really 100 invited and 40 selected? Or is that just an estimate?

Good luck all the rest who are still waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExDeusVenitBritannia)
    I just got an interview!!!! Is it really 100 invited and 40 selected? Or is that just an estimate?

Good luck all the rest who are still waiting
    Well it said there was 40 places and they choose 100 people for interview in the 2008 prospectus, but I don't know how much they over-offer. From the looks of like, past threads about ESPS it didn't look like many people were rejected after interview...

:shifty:

Edit: Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the interview is like? Do you have an interview in the major language you have chosen or is it all in English? Also, I have chosen politics as my major so would it generally be about that?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    GOT MY INTERVIEW!

aha.. i need to read up on my sartre and my European history!

is there a bit of the interview in your chosen language?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.