Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :confused: im struggling with finding any information on training bases.. my head is fried atm from S/D/T calcs... Can any one help me, ive applied for WSOp and just need guiding in right direction on possible postings i may have and where the training bases and squadrons:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know enough about NCO Aircrew training to be able to help you but didn't want to 'read and run'.

You're going to get this question: have you asked your AFCO? They will be able to help you.

ReputationRep:
    i dont wanna be seen to be asking to many questions.. im trying to find everything on my own but today i think my brain has gone blank.. im visitin RAF waddington next week and spending a day with a WSOp there so ill ask him.. thanks any way!! but if any one else can help in meantime that would be great too!!

ReputationRep:
    The AFCO are there to ask. Remember, English rules apply over here like the do on Pprune - give it a go, trust me

As a WSOp, I take it you want to be aircrew. There was thread on this a few days ago - when your head has chilled, try using the search button and have a browse. Remember, this is a JOB INTERVIEW. If you want it, you need to put in some of the leg work.

A good place to start is the RAF website in the equipment section. Find all the aircraft you could possibly be working with the write down all the places they are based at.

E.g. Sentinel - Waddington 5 (AC) Sqn

There is a big sticky with lots of useful links at the top, have a read of that.
    If you want it badly enough you'll take the time rather than looking for the easy way out.

ReputationRep:
    The AFCO should (if they still do them nowadays) have information sheets on each trade which will have basic training info on them. Ringing up the AFCO and asking for one will actually show initiative.

This may be hard to believe but I got through OASC and passed using only the AFCO, NATO/UN/RAF/MOD websites, a daily broadsheet paper and the advice of serving friends I met through the AFCO.

Your choice to go and visit a WSOp at Waddington was a smart move. You might want to try and get a visit at places like Cranwell and Shawbury to get to talk to the trainees there.

ReputationRep:
    Someone on Pprune also said that 55(R) Sqn do a newbies/wannabes visit every last Thursday of the month. We are fast approaching the end of Nov so you may want to enquire about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Venom)
    There was thread on this a few days ago - wen your head has chilled, try using the search button and have a browse..

careful now :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxRAFNurse2bxx)
    careful now :p:
    Ok now THAT IS A TYPO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Venom)
    Ok now THAT IS A TYPO.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.