Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Almost everyone in my 6th form has sent off their application and have got offers. But I've still not completed my Personal Statement, I'm worried I'm going to miss out on getting an offer from the uni I'm applying for (Manchester uni).

Lots of people have had offers from Manc, though nobody is applying to the department I'm going for (BA Economics). I am starting to feel like they have dished out all the offers they need

Another 'worry' of mine is, my teacher has predicted me ABC but is going to write in the reference that I might get ABB. Is there a good chance of me getting an offer even though its ABB.

And I'm applying to Liverpool but they want ABB-BBB, do you think I could get an offer from them because I have the predicted ucas points, just not the exact grades they state.

thanks for reading this thread.

ReputationRep:
    The deadline for applying isn't for ages yet so I wouldn't worry about all the offers being given out. Nobody can really answer your other questions - you might get an offer, you might not. You just have to be patient and wait and see

The deadline is in like, January.
    But I'd do it as soon as you can, tbh.
    x

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. A friend of mine got into Manc for Business and Economics after applying in January

ReputationRep:
    i had the same problem , so dont worry, last week i sent my ucas application off, i was predicted ABC but this got changed to ABB, so yeah i sent it off on monday and got replied form sheffield university and bangor university within 2 days !! , sheffield want ABB and bangor 240 points, so i wouldnt worry u have a very good chance of still getting offers.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester are being very quick so I'm guessing that they may get more picky by January. My offer took five days, for example, including a weekend in that.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, it doesn't mean much.

One of the main reasons for people sending their application off so early is because they're Oxbridge applicants or applying for a high-demand course like Medicine. These all hate the earlier deadline of October 15th. The earlier you apply, the better, I'd say. But only to some extent. I say that because I've seen people get offers really early this year, and my form tutor agrees that it's a little strange how offers are being given out this year. There seems to be plenty more early offers than usual.

But don't rush your application. getting your Personal Statement right is key, as well as giving your UCAS referee enough time to write a gleaming reference for you, rather than being pressured to rush one (so don't apply 2 days before the school's deadline either).

I'm partially in the same boat as your manchester position. I know people who have had offers from Bristol for subjects, but I also know someone who has had an offer for Computer Science (my subject). I'm not overly worried yet though; the deadline for Universities to reply is like the last week in March.

My sister got 5 offers (don't quote me, but I think they were Loughburgh, Nottingham, Durham, Cardiff and one other I can't remember) for Civil Engineering. I'm sure I remember the bulk of those offers coming in the new year.

If your predicted grades go down as ABB or ABC and they want ABB-BBB, I'm sure you're in a good position, although it would be worthwhile working a little harder to prove to your teacher that they're right to put the predicted grades as ABB; it will look a fair bit better on your application.

If needs be, take a day or two out of doing coursework and get your PS spot on, get it checked, proof-read it and then whizz through your application (the rest is easy). But really, don't rush it... you're fine

ReputationRep:
    i had the same problem , so dont worry, last week i sent my ucas application off, i was predicted ABC but this got changed to ABB, so yeah i sent it off on monday and got replied form sheffield university and bangor university within 2 days !! , sheffield want ABB and bangor 240 points, so i wouldnt worry u have a very good chance of still getting offers.
    oh well done!!!! I'm applying for sheffield, have you been to the open day? I missed it so perhaps you could tell me your views on the place.

ReputationRep:
    If your predicted grades go down as ABB or ABC and they want ABB-BBB, I'm sure you're in a good position, although it would be worthwhile working a little harder to prove to your teacher that they're right to put the predicted grades as ABB; it will look a fair bit better on your application.
    thanks for your post.
    yeah I've already tried nagging and persuading the teacher but he won't budge, the furthest I got him to was him writing that I can potentially get ABB in the reference but still predicting I will get ABC

ReputationRep:
    Manchester are being very quick so I'm guessing that they may get more picky by January. My offer took five days, for example, including a weekend in that.
    yah, thats what I'm worried about, I've set myself a deadline to do it by the end of november. And I'm just ging to hope they give me an offer despite being predicted ABC

ReputationRep:
    So does sending your application away later affect your chances of actually getting offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    Trust me, it doesn't mean much.

One of the main reasons for people sending their application off so early is because they're Oxbridge applicants or applying for a high-demand course like Medicine. These all hate the earlier deadline of October 15th. The earlier you apply, the better, I'd say. But only to some extent. I say that because I've seen people get offers really early this year, and my form tutor agrees that it's a little strange how offers are being given out this year. There seems to be plenty more early offers than usual.

But don't rush your application. getting your Personal Statement right is key, as well as giving your UCAS referee enough time to write a gleaming reference for you, rather than being pressured to rush one (so don't apply 2 days before the school's deadline either).

I'm partially in the same boat as your manchester position. I know people who have had offers from Bristol for subjects, but I also know someone who has had an offer for Computer Science (my subject). I'm not overly worried yet though; the deadline for Universities to reply is like the last week in March.

My sister got 5 offers (don't quote me, but I think they were Loughburgh, Nottingham, Durham, Cardiff and one other I can't remember) for Civil Engineering. I'm sure I remember the bulk of those offers coming in the new year.

If needs be, take a day or two out of doing coursework and get your PS spot on, get it checked, proof-read it and then whizz through your application (the rest is easy). But really, don't rush it... you're fine
    Interesting.....
    Was this offer after an interview? My brother has an interview coming up and is wondering how long he might have to wait after to hear from them. Have you had an interview/applicant day yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    oh well done!!!! I'm applying for sheffield, have you been to the open day? I missed it so perhaps you could tell me your views on the place.
    sure, yeah its a decent place, am happy to add u by email, :yep:

ReputationRep:
    sure, yeah its a decent place, am happy to add u by email,
    I dont really have an 'msn' address, but do have a gmail (il PM you it tomorw) or we can just chat thru PM

ReputationRep:
    I completed my UCAS form in September but my 6th Form still haven't bothered to write my reference and send it off yet, so I know how frustrating it is when other people are telling you they have offers already!

Have you finished your personal statement yet? I have a piece of paper my 6th form gave me for help with writing your statement... I could type it up later and email it you if that's any help?

ReputationRep:
    If you've got something to worry about, I better start planning my gap year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    I dont really have an 'msn' address, but do have a gmail (il PM you it tomorw) or we can just chat thru PM
    cool

(Original post by Pr0tégé)
    If you've got something to worry about, I better start planning my gap year.
    :ditto:

ABB courses on CCC predited grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    :ditto:

ABB courses on CCC predited grades
    AAA/AAB Courses predicted grades BBC. Let's start a thread

(Original post by Pr0tégé)
    AAA/AAB Courses predicted grades BBC. Let's start a thread
    :beer:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.