floaters for combined courses Watch

minimiyu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi

i was jut wondering if anyone would know whether on a combined degree you can take any floaters in other dept?

such as Japanese and Linguistic - floater in Korean?
bubbles32
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah i was told that's possible
Gwilym
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No.
I do Japanese and Linguistics and I cannot take any floaters.
It's a pity, but that particular course is amazing anyway, so you won't be too sad about it.
It is possible for /some/ other combined courses, but not that many.
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You can do floaters in second and third year for joint degrees, but there are some exceptions as mentioned.
minimiyu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gwilym)
No.
I do Japanese and Linguistics and I cannot take any floaters.
It's a pity, but that particular course is amazing anyway, so you won't be too sad about it.
It is possible for /some/ other combined courses, but not that many.
(borrowing my friends account here)

Is this quite a popular combination? Ive applied for japanese and linguistic for 2009 entry and slightly worried as i have not heard a reply yet.
Gwilym
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's not particularly popular, but there are some ; I think there are about 3 or 4 of us who do both. But, you'll meet people from straight Japanese and straight Linguistics, so it's probably twice as good in terms of the social-scene - all the cool kids do Linguistics, and there are about 70 Japanese students [that is, students of Japanese] and they're a fairly vocal bunch.
Don't worry about the time it takes to reply, it varies for everyone. You shouldn't be overly concerned until at least February.
minimiyu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gwilym)
It's not particularly popular, but there are some ; I think there are about 3 or 4 of us who do both. But, you'll meet people from straight Japanese and straight Linguistics, so it's probably twice as good in terms of the social-scene - all the cool kids do Linguistics, and there are about 70 Japanese students [that is, students of Japanese] and they're a fairly vocal bunch.
Don't worry about the time it takes to reply, it varies for everyone. You shouldn't be overly concerned until at least February.
aww thanks, great to know the details from someone who is on the course^^ hope to see you around next year x
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (133)
18.42%
No (438)
60.66%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.91%

Watched Threads