The Student Room Group

4th booster shot arrived

Do you intend to take that?

Scroll to see replies

I will only have it if it isn’t pfzier, not a conspiracy theorist etc I’m very pro vaccine and had my first 2 doses as Astra zeneca and they had no effect on me but my last booster was pfzier and I was very unwell.
Due to my medical condition I have to take medication and if I can’t keep that medication down I could die. Last time I had pfzier covid vaccine I was throwing up for days and had to go to hospital for iv medication. My GP so far have refused to give me anything other than pfzier and I’ve been offered a 4th for months as I’m clinically very vulnerable, I also don’t have my annual flu vaccine because that also makes me very unwell.
I honestly would rather have the flu once every 5 years and be in hospital than end up in hospital every year because of the flu vaccine.
I think these things are a personal choice although I do not support spreading misinformation, there’s nothing wrong with boosters especially for viruses and I’ll gladly had boosters as long as they aren’t pfzier :smile:
I had it on Wednesday.

Original post by ALEreapp
I will only have it if it isn’t pfzier, not a conspiracy theorist etc I’m very pro vaccine and had my first 2 doses as Astra zeneca and they had no effect on me but my last booster was pfzier and I was very unwell.
Due to my medical condition I have to take medication and if I can’t keep that medication down I could die. Last time I had pfzier covid vaccine I was throwing up for days and had to go to hospital for iv medication. My GP so far have refused to give me anything other than pfzier and I’ve been offered a 4th for months as I’m clinically very vulnerable, I also don’t have my annual flu vaccine because that also makes me very unwell.
I honestly would rather have the flu once every 5 years and be in hospital than end up in hospital every year because of the flu vaccine.
I think these things are a personal choice although I do not support spreading misinformation, there’s nothing wrong with boosters especially for viruses and I’ll gladly had boosters as long as they aren’t pfzier :smile:

I was given Pfizer, but my mother was given Moderna for hers.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I had it on Wednesday.

I was given Pfizer, but my mother was given Moderna for hers.

Because I’m young they won’t give me anything else but won’t stop harassing me to get it 😂 the amount of trees they’ve killed sending me letters when I’ve clearly told them if it’s pfzier it’s a no. Even went to an appointment as they promised me it wasn’t pfzier then they drew it all up and I asked what it was and the nurse said pfzier. So I apologised as she hadn’t been told and left… now I know moderns is actually available I’ll ask for it as I’ve not had that one so dk how I’ll react 🙈
Original post by ALEreapp
Because I’m young they won’t give me anything else but won’t stop harassing me to get it 😂 the amount of trees they’ve killed sending me letters when I’ve clearly told them if it’s pfzier it’s a no. Even went to an appointment as they promised me it wasn’t pfzier then they drew it all up and I asked what it was and the nurse said pfzier. So I apologised as she hadn’t been told and left… now I know moderns is actually available I’ll ask for it as I’ve not had that one so dk how I’ll react 🙈

I had Moderna for my third jab (first booster). I was fine with it personally, but then again I was okay with Pfizer as well (I've had Pfizer for my other 3 jabs).

My mother had AZ, Pfizer, Pfizer, Moderna. She was okay with AZ and Pfizer, but felt terrible after Moderna.

I really think it just depends on the person.
who is it being offered to? If they offer it, sure I'll take it, why not.
I had mine the other day, but a bit later than i should have (clinically vulnrable) i think it was moderna, and my arm was so sore for a few days, and the day after i was so wiped out.

Also need to get my flu jab
My partner had their fourth jab months ago, (clinically vulnerable). I’ve had three and will get my fourth as and when they announce it’s appropriate for my age group.
Nah i'm not bothering tbh.
Work are doing them with the flu jabs so I'll get mine when I pop in for that.
No, covid for a normal person really isn’t that bad. Only real reason to take it is if you have a weaker immune system or are regularly in contact with these people.

Exposure is virtually guaranteed and in a “standard” immune response person covid will be a very mild respiratory infection you’ve likely already had (perhaps multiple times).
Original post by CatInTheCorner
who is it being offered to? If they offer it, sure I'll take it, why not.

The elderly
Vulnerable people
People who care for vulnerable people
No.
hi y'all. i had pfizer, pfizer, and moderna. i also felt terrible after moderna. vaccine is meant to have immune towards viruses.
Original post by Herfest
hi y'all. i had pfizer, pfizer, and moderna. i also felt terrible after moderna. vaccine is meant to have immune towards viruses.

If you feel terrible after the vaccine, why are you thinking of taking more? At what point is the vaccine worse than the disease?
Original post by Trinculo
If you feel terrible after the vaccine, why are you thinking of taking more? At what point is the vaccine worse than the disease?

I mean TBF they did say that they felt terrible after Moderna and not Pfizer.
Original post by Talkative Toad
I mean TBF they did say that they felt terrible after Moderna and not Pfizer.

Sure, but we are talking about taking vaccines for a disease that the vast majority of people no longer test for at all due to the exceptionally mild, or even entirely absent symptoms.
i got a text about it but probably won't take up the offer
Can't get your 4th vaccine if you've only had your 1st one. I don't currently intend on getting anymore either because I was really ill after the 1st vaccine and as I don't have any health conditions that could make covid 10x worse for me, I don't think it's worth it :dontknow:
Reply 19
Just had a blood test done that shows my antibodies are way over the level necessary to be considered immunised so no 4th vaccination for me…….for the moment

Quick Reply

Latest