The Student Room Group

What are your A-levels/ career choices?

Hi everyone,

Just thought it would be interesting if people would be willing to share their A-levels, career plans and reasons, so they can serve as inspiration for those considering their options.
-bio,chem and maths
-dentistry at uni
(edited 1 year ago)
Bio phy chem
Law
Reply 3
Bio, Chem, Psych
Medicine (at UCL or Oxford hopefully)
So many reasons, but to summarise - i love human biology and applying it in a job where i can help people sounds awesome
- Maths, further maths, geography, textiles( wanted to take economics but it was full)
- economics and finance or geography at St Andrews hopefully, or somewhere else
- go on to work in finance, probably accounting.
-I’m good with numbers and business, I find economic matters interesting and it pays well.
Currently in yr12 doing bio chem and psychology
- would like to pursue medicine :smile:
Daughter:
Art, Classical Civilisation, English
She wants to study Classical Civilisation at uni (Leeds is her preferred choice). She doesn't know yet about a career path, but she likes the sound of museum curation
(edited 1 year ago)
- psych, socio, eng lit
- clinical psych at uni + entrepreneurship after uni perhaps
Original post by laura_blues
Hi everyone,

Just thought it would be interesting if people would be willing to share their A-levels, career plans and reasons, so they can serve as inspiration for those considering their options.

I've done maths. Currently looking at physics and further maths. Trying to avoid doing chemistry on top using my existing science diploma.
Trying to go into physics and cemistry joint degrees (via natural science degrees) with intention of going into science or engineering research that involves quite a bit of maths and innvoation.
The physics and chemistry degree would also open doors into engineering (via further degrees or via the physics component), and provide me skills in applied maths and IT. Should I ever want to go into a quantitative role, the physics component would also cover it.

My prime aim is in research, but if I don't get in I have a long list of backup options available.

Quick Reply

Latest