Turn on thread page Beta

What do you do when ugly people from the same sex want to form a friendship? watch

ReputationRep:
    This is ********. Why was this moved to Chat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    Of course I'd be friends with them, who wouldn't?

Having said that, I'd describe myself as ugly, so it'd be a bit unfair for me to judge people on looks as I have none to speak of.
    Ditto, im the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramadulla)
    This is ********. Why was this moved to Chat?
    because nobody cares.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd stop being friends with someone because of the way they look.

That being said, and being painfully honest here, I do enjoy being around pretty people much more than being around ugly people. Perhaps I'm shallow but I find it much easier to get along with, and have fun with, pretty people. Not to say I don't have ugly friends, I am just more likely to like those that are above average, as they tend to be more outgoing and have cooler friends/connections/hobbies.

ReputationRep:
    Of course all my male friends need to have long blonde hair and a 6 pack...

Come on who picks friends by appearance alone, someone who places such emphasis on appearance isn't worth knowing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azer)
    I don't think I'd stop being friends with someone because of the way they look.

That being said, and being painfully honest here, I do enjoy being around pretty people much more than being around ugly people. Perhaps I'm shallow but I find it much easier to get along with, and have fun with, pretty people. Not to say I don't have ugly friends, I am just more likely to like those that are above average.
    That is pretty weird but I like that you're honest. I don't care whether a person is pretty or ugly, what counts is what they make out of it. I can't stand people who just sit there and think "ooh I'm so ugly, nobody likes me, you have so many advantages just because you're so pretty"... I mean, who cares? grrrrrrr...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    That is pretty weird but I like that you're honest. I don't care whether a person is pretty or ugly, what counts is what they make out of it. I can't stand people who just sit there and think "ooh I'm so ugly, nobody likes me, you have so many advantages just because you're so pretty"... I mean, who cares? grrrrrrr...
    Thanks

It's exactly those people I don't like. One of my five best friends is quite ugly I'm told, but he takes very good care of himself and is very social, goes out with the rest of us and has a very pretty girlfriend, so there you go. I just don't like the way ugly people can be self-conscious. There's also the pragmatic view as I mentioned, pretty people are likely to have more interesting connections/hobbies etc.

ReputationRep:
    They are friends not lovers

ReputationRep:
    Assuming the majority here at heterosexual; if you're not, then people of the opposite sex.

What if someone who has a personality that you adore, but has an ugly figure that is profoundly unappealing to you in that sense, would like to be a friend of yours; or, more appropriately, a close friend of yours.

Would you form that friendship or would you slowly dismiss them?
    Why would their profoundly unappealing figure affect you in the slightest if you aren't interested in their sex in a sexual sense? I.e. if you are male, why should you not make friends with a fat guy, when you're not interested in sexual relations with men?

I was going to reply to this with a joke, but man, you sound like a ******* idiot.

ReputationRep:
    You sir, are a Baboon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JR`)
    Why would their profoundly unappealing figure affect you in the slightest if you aren't interested in their sex in a sexual sense? I.e. if you are male, why should you not make friends with a fat guy, when you're not interested in sexual relations with men?

I was going to reply to this with a joke, but man, you sound like a ******* idiot.
    Piss off.
    Just look at your rep. mate.

ReputationRep:
    Piss off.
    Look at yours honey.

ReputationRep:
    Piss off.
    He was completely right though. It would be harder to be friends with someone that's ugly from the opposite sex who you might actually get attracted to. I'm not like that though, good personality = good friends.

ReputationRep:
    Piss off.
    I'm an alt account of someone with 2 flashy gems mate :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    Of course I'd be friends with them, who wouldn't?

Having said that, I'd describe myself as ugly, so it'd be a bit unfair for me to judge people on looks as I have none to speak of.
    This.

Ontopic: What d123 said.

ReputationRep:
    Hey there TSR.

I've begun to talk to a boy recently who goes to an average comprehensive, and describes himself as 'apparently a genius'. He's pretty ******* ugly though. So what if someone who has a personality that you adore, but has an ugly figure that is profoundly unappealing to you in that sense, would like to be a friend of yours; or, more appropriately, a close friend of yours.

ReputationRep:
    I lol'd at your no longer hidden rep. And I wouldn't care, cos they're a friend, not my boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Friendship has no basis in one's physical appearance.

Stupid question, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
    Hey there TSR.

I've begun to talk to a boy recently who goes to an average comprehensive, and describes himself as 'apparently a genius'. He's pretty ******* ugly though. So what if someone who has a personality that you adore, but has an ugly figure that is profoundly unappealing to you in that sense, would like to be a friend of yours; or, more appropriately, a close friend of yours.

You adore my personality?
    I'm cute though.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe Ramadulla is a genius anyway. :gasp:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.