Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive had three interview offers so far...
    however my interviews for newcastle and leicester are on the same day.

I already emailed to confirm my leicester interview and i only just got my newcastle interveiw today.

Is re-arranging usually ok to do? I have emailed to see if i could re-arrange and will also ring monday..

has anyone had experience with this?

help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ceirnan Lowe)
    Ive had three interview offers so far...
    however my interviews for newcastle and leicester are on the same day.

I already emailed to confirm my leicester interview and i only just got my newcastle interveiw today.

Is re-arranging usually ok to do? I have emailed to see if i could re-arrange and will also ring monday..

has anyone had experience with this?

help would be appreciated
    last year i tried to re-arrange my newcastle interview because it was at 9am and i live in edinburgh which meant i would have to stay in newcastle the night before but they wouldn't change it. however, in your situation i can't see how they can say no because you literally cannot make it on that day at all, no matter the time of day. what day are the interviews on? because if it is soon it may be more difficult ot rearrange.

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    its soon... 27th november!

i did also apply to edinburgh but i havent heard from them yet

i could probably see if i could re arrange leicester if i really had to although i already confirmed it...

ReputationRep:
    I know of other applicants who couldn't get interviews rearranged last year, the medical schools both said that they needed to choose where they'd rather go . And Edinburgh don't generally interview undergrad applicants

ReputationRep:
    Well thats stupid.
    I'll try re-arranging both.

Haha i havent heard anything from edinburgh yet i assume they take a while if they don't interview!

ReputationRep:
    They got in touch around March time last year IIRC. If you don't say that its for another interview then that may help

ReputationRep:
    Oh...too late haha

well if i have to choose... i will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ceirnan Lowe)
    Oh...too late haha

well if i have to choose... i will
    You can always try contacting Leicester if all else fails, say you made a mistake or something. Which do you think you'll choose if it comes down to it?

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle i think.... but i dont really know.

I'll wait to hear from newcastle and if i cant i will contact leicester!

It's a bit annoying that haha... gawd why do i get the really early interviews

ReputationRep:
    Meh, hopefully one of them will be slightly sympathetic and try to sort you out with another date

ReputationRep:
    i hope so too! im not sure what either uni is like tbh

ReputationRep:
    come to Leicester it is brill and they are usually really flexible

ReputationRep:
    well ill give them a ring!
    i would like the oppurtunity to interview at both.

corr.. stressful haha

ReputationRep:
    i think i only got one with sheffield cos i did all my experience in sheffield... their interview is the day before these two!!

ReputationRep:
    Contact Newcastle, then contact Leicester.

ReputationRep:
    let us know what they say!

ReputationRep:
    This is worrying im not here in december and if i get an interview what if they say no to rearranging :-S I would genuinely fly back haha would be extremely costly though!

ReputationRep:
    Well i'll find out tomorow hopefully
    wish me luck haha

ReputationRep:
    Okay.

Just got off the phone!

They said they would try their hardest to re arrange the interview for me and i have been removed from the list being called for the 27th nov.

I should hopefully be in the next pot if i get another interview date should be posted soon!.

ReputationRep:
    I thought i would let everyone know i got a letter from newcastle inviting me bck for 4th December.. so the week after!

it all went well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.