Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So my college made the top 50 clever students do Critical thinking for AS level. There was only a few lessons of it about 10 'friday afternoon' lessons all together, everybody dossed about in the lessons. Most people in the class came out with D's and E's and U's.

I am hating the fact that I have to put down that I got a 'U' for Critical thinking in my UCAS app. Do you think universities will care that I got such a crap grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    So my college made the top 50 clever students do Critical thinking for AS level. There was only a few lessons of it about 10 'friday afternoon' lessons all together, everybody dossed about in the lessons. Most people in the class came out with D's and E's and U's.

I am hating the fact that I have to put down that I got a 'U' for Critical thinking in my UCAS app. Do you think universities will care that I got such a crap grade.
    I'm sure that you didn't have to put U's on the UCAS application but even if you do, a lot of Universities don't accept critical thinking as part of their entry requirements so the fact you didn't do well shouldn't effect your application much at all.

ReputationRep:
    DONT DO IT

one of the least respected a levels you could do.

ReputationRep:
    Damn it i hate this subject they took me out of my sports leaders award to sit this instead. Apparantly its more important. Oxford and Cambridge like the fact you've studied it, but won't consider it as an a level

ReputationRep:
    As I said in a thread on the Oxford forum, that's not actually true. It is accepted by Oxford. My offer required an A in Class Civ and French, plus another A from Maths, Chemistry or Critical Thinking. I even e-mailed Oxford to clarify, and they said this:

"Providing that any specific subject requirements have been met, all A-levels are approved for admissions purposes, with the exception of General Studies". So, were you to complete a full A level in Critical Thinking, this would be accepted as one of the 3 As required."

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think you had to declare it if you got a U.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.