The Student Room Group

History (and joint schools) applicants 2023

Hi! i'm isabel and i'm applying for history and politics at Pembroke this year, i just thought there isn't a history thread and seeing as the HAT is coming up it may be good to have this to keep track of interviews/offers/decisions and talk about the whole process as some form of catharsism!
Original post by isabelbelle
Hi! i'm isabel and i'm applying for history and politics at Pembroke this year, i just thought there isn't a history thread and seeing as the HAT is coming up it may be good to have this to keep track of interviews/offers/decisions and talk about the whole process as some form of catharsism!

Hiya I applied to History and Politics at St Anne’s. Just did my HAT 🥲
Original post by SarahhhZhou
Hiya I applied to History and Politics at St Anne’s. Just did my HAT 🥲

How did you find it? The question topic was one I didn't want, but I found it pretty good once I started planning.
Reply 3
Hey, history and Econ at Somerville here. I goddam loved it. Im really into turkik and Islamic history so it felt like the gods threw me a bone, obviously didn't use outside knowledge but it really helped articulate points . What did u guys get
Reply 4
How did you find it? The question topic was one I didn't want, but I found it pretty good once I started planning.

What points did u guys get*
Original post by Nayel
What points did u guys get*

Cannot discuss admissions tests in that level of detail until the end of the week, see the admissions test banner at the top of the screen.
Original post by Nayel
Hey, history and Econ at Somerville here. I goddam loved it. Im really into turkik and Islamic history so it felt like the gods threw me a bone, obviously didn't use outside knowledge but it really helped articulate points . What did u guys get

That’s really lucky to be honest. I went blank when I saw the topic haha, but I thought it was fine.

I thought it was fine. The themes were quite straightforward, but I kind of ran out of time😭
Reply 8
Original post by Nayel
Hey, history and Econ at Somerville here. I goddam loved it. Im really into turkik and Islamic history so it felt like the gods threw me a bone, obviously didn't use outside knowledge but it really helped ahorticulate points . What did u guys get

how did you find the tsa?
Original post by Nayel

I'm applying to history at somerville!!!! what made you pick somerville?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 10
also anyone sending off their written work do you know if intrepretation-based essays are allowed?
Original post by la_17
also anyone sending off their written work do you know if intrepretation-based essays are allowed?

Nope- they prefer statement/question essays. They ask that it is not source based....
Reply 12
Original post by history.04
I'm applying to history at somerville!!!! what made you pick somerville?

Literally acceptance rates😭 ashamed to admit it but I'm a coward... I was going to apply to balliol until the last minute
Reply 13
Original post by la_17
how did you find the tsa?

Positively mid, I think I got 37-40
hi guys how are you prepping for interviews?
Reply 15
not rlly sure tbh just checking through ps books but feel like history interviews are quite unpredictable - what does everyone else recommend?
Original post by history.04
hi guys how are you prepping for interviews?
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply