The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Geography at Bangor

Hi everyone!

I’m thinking about studying Geography at Bangor in 2023, after taking this year out to work because I hadn’t quite decided what I wanted to do. I had a C in my Geography A level, but I think this was due to missing one unit because I had covid (my other unit was a B and I always scored highly in class mocks, just an unfortunate turn of fate I think).

I was previously aiming to go into a career on the railways, but after working with the general public and a college geography trip to Thailand I’ve realised I still want to study something in academia. Geography in Bangor looks ideal as it’s situated just outside Snowdonia and by the Menai Strait, so lots of opportunities for fieldwork. The university itself looks stunning and seems to have a lot of societies that are up my street to do with History, music, and a bit of sport as well.

I was just wondering if anyone who’s done a Geography course or similar could recommend or not? Obviously uni is a big commitment and I don’t want to go in too blindly. I’m hoping to go to an open day in November if I can book the time off of work as well.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Isaac_fuller_
Hi everyone!

I’m thinking about studying Geography at Bangor in 2023, after taking this year out to work because I hadn’t quite decided what I wanted to do. I had a C in my Geography A level, but I think this was due to missing one unit because I had covid (my other unit was a B and I always scored highly in class mocks, just an unfortunate turn of fate I think).

I was previously aiming to go into a career on the railways, but after working with the general public and a college geography trip to Thailand I’ve realised I still want to study something in academia. Geography in Bangor looks ideal as it’s situated just outside Snowdonia and by the Menai Strait, so lots of opportunities for fieldwork. The university itself looks stunning and seems to have a lot of societies that are up my street to do with History, music, and a bit of sport as well.

I was just wondering if anyone who’s done a Geography course or similar could recommend or not? Obviously uni is a big commitment and I don’t want to go in too blindly. I’m hoping to go to an open day in November if I can book the time off of work as well.

Hi @Isaac_fuller_

Great to hear you are thinking of coming to study Geography with us here at Bangor :smile:

Why don't you chat to our students and staff through Unibuddy to find out more:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/student-life/unibuddy?unibuddy=buddies%2Fstaff&ub_medium=product&ub_source=Chat%20Bubble&ub_content=Staff%20Button

Let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Sera
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Quick Reply