Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your favourite European Country? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Switzerland

ReputationRep:
    Where would everyone like to visit in Europe?
    I'd LOVE to visit Prague and Budapest!

ReputationRep:
    Im going with the majority and gonna say Netherlands, I'd love to go there, hopefully next year Jan/Feb.

I heard oleeballn are tasty (yes spelling is probably awful xD)!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeffrey_91)
    I'd LOVE to visit Prague and Budapest!
    Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Norway, Sweden, Germany ermm Andorra maybe ;D

ReputationRep:
    Germany- I love Berlin!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeffrey_91)
    I'd like to go to Spain/Italy sometime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    the nazis didnt really invade us (unless you count channel islands), but thats a thread for another day
    They tried to. It's only because they lost the Battle of Britain they were unable to.

ReputationRep:
    France or Germany..

ReputationRep:
    aww, you bumped my thread :hump2:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the UK deserves to be a continent itself, with England, Wales, NI and Scotland being countries.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I heard my business teacher propose UK being a 51st state of america, so that we don't need the eu anymore, and the uk-us relationship is sooooooooooooo great.
    I could only lol hard to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave_McDougall)
    I heard my business teacher propose UK being a 51st state of america, so that we don't need the eu anymore, and the uk-us relationship is sooooooooooooo great.
    I could only lol hard to that.
    Your business teacher has, it would seem, a deeply limited understanding for the 'special relationship', and the correlation between political links and economic connections.

It seems most likely that was simply saying something controversial, to try to make you all think.

ReputationRep:
    Netherlands because of trance music Tiesto/Armin/Ferry 4eva

ReputationRep:
    Belgium. Went to Bruges for a few days, and it was their end of summer festival. All public transport was free, there were street stalls and musicians, loads of performances in the main square etc. And they do amazing food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigovioletred)
    Belgium. Went to Bruges for a few days, and it was their end of summer festival. All public transport was free, there were street stalls and musicians, loads of performances in the main square etc. And they do amazing food.
    brugge is beautiful, although flem is possibly the most awkward language ever.
    Leuven is also nice.

brussels seemed a bit to modulated to me, although I wasn't there for very long, so targeting specific parts may have given that impression.

ReputationRep:
    Scotland, France, Sweden, Norway; Scotland is beautiful and has great vibes, and cool accents. Glasgow aside. France is gorgeous and I've had the best weekend(s) of my life there (HELLFEST, need I say more), Sweden is nice, and a lot of the people I met are quite wierd, which I like, and Norway for the northern lights, snowboarding possibilities and recent music history. Seems unfriendly though, which I also like haha.

EDIT: also have to add Poland, because 90% of my close social circle is from there. Wouldn't go there, though, unless I had unlimited funds and time. I also want to visit Prague and Amsterdam, just to be an annoying tourist and take pictures and sight-see.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna say Spain cos I love Barcelona, but I know there are other places that I would love if I spent a lot of time there. Like Italy, or Ireland or Greece. I've spend a fair amount of time in Spain though so I'll go with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annarchy)
    Norway for the northern lights, snowboarding possibilities and recent music history. Seems unfriendly though, which I also like haha.
    i wanna go to norway :| fjords look amazing ;D

ReputationRep:
    anywhere but the UK.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.