The Student Room Group

Effective revision timetables?

Hey.
I always struggle to make effective and easy-to-go revision timetables. It just doesn't work. I am in my 10th and I have boards next year- Feb.
Any good tips and skills anybody?
I make to-do lists rather than stick to a time table. I feel like time tables don’t really take into account what may happen in the future, whereas if you were to make a checklist/to-do list of what you have to complete for the following day, it is more realistic, flexible and reasonable in that sense.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by CaptainDuckie
I make to-do lists rather than stick to a time table. I feel like time tables don’t really take into account what may happen in the future, whereas if you were to make a checklist/to-do list of what you have to complete for the following day, it is more realistic, flexible and reasonable in that sense.

Absolutely. For myself I really don't like too detailed timetables about what time I'm going to revise what specific chapter. I would rather think 'at the end of today I should have this subject topic covered, if not this is going to roll over to the next day so my next day will be very busy, I'd better start doing it today'

I just put the subjects on my calendar and tick it off after I'm done revising it.
If revision timetables don't work for you then try other methods. I usually make checklists with topics I should cover each day like others have mentioned. I like checklists as they take less time to make and gives more flexibility.
Checklist maybe as others have said or have someone checking in from time to time to make sure that you've done the work to the best of your ability 🤷🏾*♀️ (emphasis on best of your ability). I don't follow timetables either bit I think I'm going to try again.

Can't give any proper advice as I'm a master procrastinator.
Another vote for checklists (I use google Keep). Have you tried Google Calender? I quite like the way you can block off different times and assign colours for various tasks etc. :yep:
Original post by Chronoscope
Another vote for checklists (I use google Keep). Have you tried Google Calender? I quite like the way you can block off different times and assign colours for various tasks etc. :yep:

Naah. I just feel they're a little too complicated to use...
Original post by hungrysalamander
If revision timetables don't work for you then try other methods. I usually make checklists with topics I should cover each day like others have mentioned. I like checklists as they take less time to make and gives more flexibility.

thanks! gonna to try that next time for sure!
Original post by CaptainDuckie

that was a nice advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending