The Student Room Group

Pimple on upper leg near groin/bottom of testicle

Hi all,

I'm a 20 year old male, and starting from around May 2022, I have been getting some "pimples" on my upper thigh, underneath where my testicle would hang, if that makes sense (but still on my thigh and not on the testicle. I don't think it can be described as a lump, its pretty small, and more akin to what one might get after shaving their neck and accidentally rubbing the skin the wrong way. I usually only get one pimple at a time, either on the left or right thigh. I shower daily, and make sure to specifically wash this area, using fragrance free Dove liquid soap. After I get out of the shower a rub a little aloe-vera on the pimple and put a bandage over it before putting my clothes on. I do this because I think the cause of the pimples may be because I get a bit warm in that region, and also potentially the rubbing of skin/my boxers on the skin. The pimple usually disappears after about 1-1.5 weeks of doing this daily, but then a few days later another appears, usually on the other thigh. This time, I got one on the same side, and also a pimple directly opposite it, on the bottom of my testicle (or more accurately the skin that connects the testicle to my thigh, but not on the "ball" itself, if that makes sense).

I do not think this is a sign of testicular cancer or anything like that, I am pretty sure it is a result of skin rubbing/rubbing against clothes but of course, I'm not 100% sure. As I say, the "pimples" aren't very big, hence why I am not calling them lumps, and they aren't on the actual ball, (yet, fingers crossed :frown:).

As I have just moved into my new accomodation in my university town, I am still waiting for my new GP surgery to process and accept my application. That should be done by tomorrow, and I will request a consultation. In the mean time, do you think there is anything I should be worried about, and also is there anything I can do to prevent getting these pimples? I bought new boxers which do not ride up, to prevent rubbing/chafing, anything else I could do? Like I say, it gets a bit warm in that region, so perhaps some (non-talc) powder could be useful?

Many thanks
It's probably some minor hair follicle inflammation - probably caused by warmth, and/or a minor fungal infection. As long as you feel generally fit and well you could try something like Clotrimazole cream (Canesten) morning and night for a week or so while you are waiting for a GP appointment. If you ask your pharmacy they will also advise you.

Have a check online and compare your spots to the many annotated pictures - if you like researching skin eruptions .

In between keep the area scrupulously clean (gentle soap & water) and dry the affected area well gently (each time use a newly washed separate small towel (wash your towels at 60 degrees)

Avoid talc powder as it can be very irritating and attract moisture

You could be better getting some 'baggies' - loose boxers which will help keep the temperature down a bit around the crown jewels and if you are sitting a lot get up and walk about every half an hour if you can.

Be aware that the very perfumed clothes washing conditioners (and the fabric conditioners in new clothes) can sometimes irritate the skin by the chemical used in constant pressure contact.

Hopefully you will be like new in no time
Original post by Anonymous
It's probably some minor hair follicle inflammation - probably caused by warmth, and/or a minor fungal infection. As long as you feel generally fit and well you could try something like Clotrimazole cream (Canesten) morning and night for a week or so while you are waiting for a GP appointment. If you ask your pharmacy they will also advise you.

Have a check online and compare your spots to the many annotated pictures - if you like researching skin eruptions .

In between keep the area scrupulously clean (gentle soap & water) and dry the affected area well gently (each time use a newly washed separate small towel (wash your towels at 60 degrees)

Avoid talc powder as it can be very irritating and attract moisture

You could be better getting some 'baggies' - loose boxers which will help keep the temperature down a bit around the crown jewels and if you are sitting a lot get up and walk about every half an hour if you can.

Be aware that the very perfumed clothes washing conditioners (and the fabric conditioners in new clothes) can sometimes irritate the skin by the chemical used in constant pressure contact.

Hopefully you will be like new in no time

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will look into all of them :biggrin:

Quick Reply