The Student Room Group

French gcse question

could someone mark this or give me advice of i should include something more? I want to get a grade 6 or 720221009_220511-compressed.jpg.jpeg
the second photo question is " tu t'entends bien avec tes parents?"
20221009_220350-compressed.jpg.jpeg
thank you in advance
You need to include more higher level phrases. Writing a lot won't do anything if the language is all at the same level. Try including more tenses like the imperfect and conditional. This would get you a 5/6 at most.
Reply 2
Original post by eliaaaaa
You need to include more higher level phrases. Writing a lot won't do anything if the language is all at the same level. Try including more tenses like the imperfect and conditional. This would get you a 5/6 at most.

but in a speaking exam would this be fine? because you're gonna use other tenses in different questions
Original post by nareony
but in a speaking exam would this be fine? because you're gonna use other tenses in different questions

I got an 8 in french this year , look for a few high level phrases and expressions that can be adapted look for alternate words to i.e different connectives and adjectives that aren't as common instead of 'interessant' for example. Learn your tenses inside out and aim to include : present, perfect, conditional, future , pluperfect as a minimum for the best grades
Also try the writing papers and time yourself - write anything additional in a different colour and give it to your teacher to mark
Use Memrise for 5 minutes a day - my vocab improved so much in a short space of time
Netflix in french is great for relaxed revision

Bonne chance avec votre examens :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Freya.G
I got an 8 in french this year , look for a few high level phrases and expressions that can be adapted look for alternate words to i.e different connectives and adjectives that aren't as common instead of 'interessant' for example. Learn your tenses inside out and aim to include : present, perfect, conditional, future , pluperfect as a minimum for the best grades
Also try the writing papers and time yourself - write anything additional in a different colour and give it to your teacher to mark
Use Memrise for 5 minutes a day - my vocab improved so much in a short space of time
Netflix in french is great for relaxed revision

Bonne chance avec votre examens :smile:

Merci beaucoup!
I just wanted to add that we've just learnt conditional and now we're onto simple future or something, so I think our teacher will be making us improve our answers but thank you so much because it will help me in the future!
Original post by nareony
Merci beaucoup!
I just wanted to add that we've just learnt conditional and now we're onto simple future or something, so I think our teacher will be making us improve our answers but thank you so much because it will help me in the future!

Ah thats good , make sure you keep on top of revision for tenses + vocab with memrise it helps so much .
Bonne chance !
Reply 6
Original post by Freya.G
Ah thats good , make sure you keep on top of revision for tenses + vocab with memrise it helps so much .
Bonne chance !

thank you! did you make memrise questions yourself or did you find a course for the tenses and vocab? If so, could you please send me the link!
Thank you in advance
AQA 9-1 GCSE French - Theme- Based Vocabulary by Harry Kelham is the name of the course I used for vocab. For tenses I blurted them from my own notes - there are lots of grammar questions available online e.g seneca

Original post by nareony
thank you! did you make memrise questions yourself or did you find a course for the tenses and vocab? If so, could you please send me the link!
Thank you in advance

Quick Reply

Latest