Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have an argos inductuion 2morro.
    what can i expect?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=656842
    Look at this thread it's the Argos thread.

ReputationRep:
    I had mine today, went well. First just had paperwork to fill in, then watched the DVD's. Really easy, and get paid aswell for it, so what ever your hour rate is going to be you get that times the number of hours it took.

If you're doing weekends, then you'll get 3 hours each weekend for 2 weeks for training, then after them two weeks, you'll get longer hours I guess. That's what we were told in ours, but if you are a mid weeker, then I can't help you out there as we were put in seperate rooms for that part as it got to compicated in one.

The people were really laid back and generally nice, so hopefully that's what I can expect. Sundays is time and half if anyone can confirm what that means, I'm guessing like 1 and a half hours wage for one hour work. But yeah, you've already got the job if it's the real induction with the videos etc, so don't be worried. Make sure you have like passport photocopies, NI copies (they did mine for me, seeing as I only bought my card) and everything they said in the phonecall you should have got, like emergancy phone numbers, bank sort and account number, address of bank and dr's details. Stuff like that as you will fill in a couple of forms. Also try to remember your past employer details or write them down to bring with you as there's a form for them and references aswell.

Good luck, although you don't need it, but in your job.

ReputationRep:
    I did 2 weeks training for Argos and didnt get paid for the training
    Which was sept 2015

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheskaa15)
    I did 2 weeks training for Argos and didnt get paid for the training
    Which was sept 2015
    Unlike the OP, which was November 2008. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe its changed since 2008 then, shame really as the money would come in handy xx

ReputationRep:
    What is the answers to the internet rapid application

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.