Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’m in my first year of uni and a guy I like added me on myspace and then msn (we had never spoken before in person). We’ve only talked a few times on msn, it’s the usual “hi, how are you” chat, sometimes he flirts and then he randomly starts telling me about a girl he likes (he told me her name and everything) and asks advice about how he can get her to be his girlfriend and so on.
    The thing is, I don’t care about him and his love life and I’m confused as to why he would tell me everything (we barely know each other) about the girl he likes?
    Is he trying to make me jealous or warn me off him or something? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    He'sprobably looking for a girls viewpoint, I have a guy who does exactly the same to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reicey_x)
    I’m in my first year of uni and a guy I like added me on myspace and then msn (we had never spoken before in person). We’ve only talked a few times on msn, it’s the usual “hi, how are you” chat, sometimes he flirts and then he randomly starts telling me about a girl he likes (he told me her name and everything) and asks advice about how he can get her to be his girlfriend and so on.
    The thing is, I don’t care about him and his love life and I’m confused as to why he would tell me everything (we barely know each other) about the girl he likes?
    I think it has something to do with this, although, as you say, you barely know him, so why he would do this is just... strange, to say the least. :p:

Maybe it's best to try to ignore him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reicey_x)
    I dont think he's trying to make you jealous...theres 2 possibilties here:

1. The girl is in fact you, and he's trying to find out how to approach you

2. He really does like another girl and sees you as a friend.

In either case I think I'd be inclined to wait and let this play out a bit more until you get a better idea of what his motivations are.

You could always suggest getting together for a coffee to discuss strategies...if he flirts heavily in person, the girl is probably you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.