The Student Room Group

looking for exemplars

Hi, I am in year 12 and I have been given my first history essays, both are 25 marks. My exam board is AQA and I'm trying to achieve full marks. Where can I access free exemplar answers?
I don't think it's sensible or realistic to try to aim for 'full marks' at such an early stage in your A level - likely your first couple of essays won't be great (mine weren't!) but you gradually learn how to structure them and get the marks.

I suppose you can look at the AQA exemplars on their website and find one that received high marks, but it's too early to be worrying much about exam technique or getting things exactly right.
Reply 2
Original post by mandyelicup
I don't think it's sensible or realistic to try to aim for 'full marks' at such an early stage in your A level - likely your first couple of essays won't be great (mine weren't!) but you gradually learn how to structure them and get the marks.

I suppose you can look at the AQA exemplars on their website and find one that received high marks, but it's too early to be worrying much about exam technique or getting things exactly right.

Thank you
I'm having same issue. I have coursework for French revolution. I have the facts but really lost when it comes to writing it down. Could really do with seeing some A grade papers to get an idea of what one looks like.
Original post by lucy_grace
I'm having same issue. I have coursework for French revolution. I have the facts but really lost when it comes to writing it down. Could really do with seeing some A grade papers to get an idea of what one looks like.

Ask your teachers for feedback and look at examiners reports and mark schemes.
i have and they aren't much help which is why im looking for examples of an A grade paper.
i have and they aren't much help which is why im looking for examples of an A grade paper.

Which board? Ther are restrictions on how much help you can have with coursework.
Original post by Muttley79
Which board? Ther are restrictions on how much help you can have with coursework.

Aqa

Heya!
Have you learned how to plan out your essay with your teacher? When I did any essay-based subjects I found it useful to plan out my essay first before attempting to write it :h: You can find some example answers online but it's good to learn how to plan out your essays and what to include.

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest