Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got called to interview!

Woo! Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! Hope it goes well!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! Hope it goes well!
    Thanks. Any idea on what they might ask?

ReputationRep:
    Woo, grats, good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Woo, grats, good luck!!
    Thanks alot

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't even hazard a guess at what they'll ask - sorry! I didn't go through the normal process so didn't have to do a personal statement / referees / interviews etc!

Alls I can say is Web Design is fun! I'm actually doing Web Design & Development this semester (and will be next semester) and I thoroughly enjoy it. The development part of my module is boring (as I've done it for a while already), but the design part is great

Any idea on the name of the person who's giving you an interview or isn't that disclosed?

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't even hazard a guess at what they'll ask - sorry! I didn't go through the normal process so didn't have to do a personal statement / referees / interviews etc!

Alls I can say is Web Design is fun! I'm actually doing Web Design & Development this semester (and will be next semester) and I thoroughly enjoy it. The development part of my module is boring (as I've done it for a while already), but the design part is great

Any idea on the name of the person who's giving you an interview or isn't that disclosed?
    Nope!

Just 6th of December!

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough! :p:

I'm sure it'll be fine though! It'll probably be like "Why do you want to do our course?", "Why Staffordshire Uni?", etc.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough!

I'm sure it'll be fine though! It'll probably be like "Why do you want to do our course?", "Why Staffordshire Uni?", etc.
    Becuase I <3 them!

ReputationRep:
    *Because

ReputationRep:
    i think it might be fee who interviews you

ReputationRep:
    i didnt get interviewed for some reason, but then again im sure a lot of people didnt either. from most interviews ive heard about (at a mixture of unis) its fairly casual and you shouldnt worry too much about it.

ReputationRep:
    i think it might be fee who interviews you
    Thats comforting! I've already met her..so at least that might be a little less nerveracking :P

ReputationRep:
    Would fee refer to Fiona (Knight)? If so then I think she's ace! Add Chris (small guy, black hair) into the equation and you got a pair of awesome lecturers :p:

ReputationRep:
    Would fee refer to Fiona (Knight)? If so then I think she's ace! Add Chris (small guy, black hair) into the equation and you got a pair of awesome lecturers
    Yep!

Was Chris the one who does the funny presentations?

ReputationRep:
    I've only had him for two lectures but he does try to tie in a bit of humour :p:

In the practicals, Fiona and Chris are hilarious. They are like a married couple bickering between themselves. Funny to watch :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've only had him for two lectures but he does try to tie in a bit of humour

In the practicals, Fiona and Chris are hilarious. They are like a married couple bickering between themselves. Funny to watch
    Haha!

What is your timetable like? Do you have a timetable? What types of lessons do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9ruby)
    Haha!

What is your timetable like? Do you have a timetable? What types of lessons do you have?
    http://www.fcet.staffs.ac.uk/timetable/wmc.htm

thats a list of all the web based awards and their timetables

ReputationRep:
    I dooooo. It's as follows:

Monday:
    - 9am til 10am - Hardware/Software Lecture
    - 10am til 11am - Software Dev Lecture

Tuesday:
    - 9am til 10am - Software Dev Practical
    - 10am til 11am - Maths & Stats Lecture
    - 11am til 12pm - Hardware/Software Practical
    - 12pm til 1pm - Maths & Stats Practical

Wednesday:
    - 10am til 11am - Web Design & Dev Lecture
    - 11am til 1pm - Web Design & Dev Practical

Thursday:
    - 11am til 12pm - Software Dev Lecture
    - 2pm til 3pm - Hardware/Software Lecture

Friday:
    - 9am til 10am - Maths & Stats Lecture
    - 10am til 11am - Maths & Stats Practical
    - 2pm til 3pm - Software Dev Practical
    - 3pm til 4pm - Hardware/Software Practical

Modules this semester:
    - Hardware/Software/Graphics (Core)
    - Software Development (Core)
    - Maths & Stats (Core)
    - Web Design & Dev 1 (Optional)

Not the nicest of timetables but I don't mind it

EDIT: Or I could've taken the easy route and gave a link to the timetable. Damnit, forgot about that!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alot. That timetable doesn't sound too bad! What course are you doing? How many people are normally in lectures? What Year are you in?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.