Turn on thread page Beta

Guys - how do you let a girl know you fancy her? watch

ReputationRep:
    sidle up behind them and urinate myself, then chuckle under my breath and walk off when they notice

ReputationRep:
    So none of you are shy? Bummer...that gives me no hope at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evenstar)
    I am. Well, I don't really like the term shy. I'm ok once I know people but I have practiaclly no confidence so I'm not very good at getting to know poeple in the begining. No idea how I'd let a girl know I like her ... I probably give the impression I don't because I'm scared to talk to them :o:

ReputationRep:
    Ah so there's a reason you asked this :P, Theres a guy you like and you're wondering what he would do if he liked you too. Thus from our answers you concluded that if he liked you, he would tell you. That is..false. I think you have a shot...because not ever guy is that confident. Plus half the people here are just talking the talk not walking the walk. its much harder to do it when you really like some body. It changes things you know... Any way...if thats realy the case, tell us. Maybe we can tell you if hes into you or not. We need DETAILS though, LOTS of DETAILS.

ReputationRep:
    well i m not that good with girls, and i m quite new to asking people out, but the first lesson i learnt was NEVER do it via MSN.

Big Huge Ass Mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamolxes)
    Ah so there's a reason you asked this :P, Theres a guy you like and you're wondering what he would do if he liked you too. Thus from our answers you concluded that if he liked you, he would tell you. That is..false. I think you have a shot...because not ever guy is that confident. Plus half the people here are just talking the talk not walking the walk. its much harder to do it when you really like some body. It changes things you know... Any way...if thats realy the case, tell us. Maybe we can tell you if hes into you or not. We need DETAILS though, LOTS of DETAILS.
    #

Okay, I'll give you as many details as I can about the guy I like...

He's in one of my classes at college, I noticed him the first lesson back in September...just in a 'ooh he's nice' kind of way. Since then, these feelings have been creeping up in intensity until now, I cant stop thinking about him, am literally waking up horny every morning thinking bout him etc. Its not just sexual though..he's really intelligent too and I find myself hanging on his every word (though discretely so's he doesnt see).

He's a friend of a friend (not a close friend though sadly) and sits on the same table as me (close enought to totally distract me!).

He has to turn towards me to talk to his friend (who sits next to me), so I often find myself making eye contact. He also larks around a lot with that friend which brings him physically closer to me.

So we often end up sort of indirectly talking during class and there is a lot of eye contact but thats all...outside of class I'm too shy to even look at him:o:
    And generally when we're waiting to go into class, someone in his group will talk to me, but he doesn't...he quite often stands so he is not facing me

Meh...I'm so out of practice with this stuff I dont know what to look for (hence this thread covertly looking for signs) and totally dont know how to give out signals.

HELP guys!:o:

(Original post by emilyjane_09)
    Works every time?
    Dunno, I've only tryed it once.

I hope it worked

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...sorry but, I don't think hes that much into you. But that depends of course. Maybe hes being stupidly immature. I did this once. I completly ignored a girl and payed no attention because I liked her so much i thought speaking to her just a bit would give me away!! yeah.. when your in love you act very irrational. Its sad.

Any way, is this the fat guy you were talking about in the other forum? :P

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...sorry but, I don't think hes that much into you. But that depends of course. Maybe hes being stupidly immature. I did this once. I completly ignored a girl and payed no attention because I liked her so much i thought speaking to her just a bit would give me away!! yeah.. when your in love you act very irrational. Its sad.

Any way, is this the fat guy you were talking about in the other forum? :P
    He's not fat! He really is just chunky and cuddlesome in a nice way

Ah well...win some, lose some...that's just my luck really. I shall just carry on with my life as normal and try and move on.

Thanks for the opinion Zamolxes...out of interest what do you think he would do if he did like me and just was very shy?

ReputationRep:
    Well it depends, on many things. We have to profile him. This is a bit harder to read. Alright details...GO! Also if more details might be too private just PM me. I need things like, how is he around girls, guys, the circle of friends your both in, how he acts when you make eye contact, does he smile at you in the hall way, ever say hello, etc. Anything is relevant. Also, age, school year etc. Its all relevant. OH right, height/weight. An excess of chubiness could indicate less self esteem meaning he might be less inclined to tell you his feelings IF he liked you. Yeah so details like that. I await your response

ReputationRep:
    outside of class I'm too shy to even look at him:o:
    I made this mistake, alot. I was worried that they'd think "ew no I'm not interested in you, go away", or something. Anyway, all the guys just thought I was ignoring them (and others agreed it look that way), and they stopped trying with me.
    Just force yourself to look at him. It pays off, I promise D: you sound like you're being too shy around him, and he might get the wrong signals/body language from that.

ReputationRep:
    There are shy people, they just aren't posting on this thread, because... well, they're shy <.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    There are shy people, they just aren't posting on this thread, because... well, they're shy <.<
    So what do shy guys do...come on, be honest!

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I'll give you as many details as I can about the guy I like...

He's in one of my classes at college, I noticed him the first lesson back in September...just in a 'ooh he's nice' kind of way. Since then, these feelings have been creeping up in intensity until now, I cant stop thinking about him, am literally waking up horny every morning thinking bout him etc. Its not just sexual though..he's really intelligent too and I find myself hanging on his every word (though discretely so's he doesnt see).

He's a friend of a friend (not a close friend though sadly) and sits on the same table as me (close enought to totally distract me!).

He has to turn towards me to talk to his friend (who sits next to me), so I often find myself making eye contact. He also larks around a lot with that friend which brings him physically closer to me.

So we often end up sort of indirectly talking during class and there is a lot of eye contact but thats all...outside of class I'm too shy to even look at him
    And generally when we're waiting to go into class, someone in his group will talk to me, but he doesn't...he quite often stands so he is not facing me

Meh...I'm so out of practice with this stuff I dont know what to look for (hence this thread covertly looking for signs) and totally dont know how to give out signals.

HELP guys!
    Well Evenstar that could mean a lot of things. I don't know if he's shy and how he usually acts around girls, but there are 2 options here.

1) He's not shy at all. In that case you probably don't have much chance. When I'm not interested in a girl, I don't pay much attention to her.

2) If he's shy there's a different story. Answer the following questions:
    -Does he talk to many other girls and how?
    -How long does your eye contact last usually?

If he usually hangs around you, but doesn't talk to you means he's probably shy ^.^
    I think shy guys hang around a girl they like, but they just don't talk to her much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meekle72)
    I bit the bullet and just came out with it to my current girlfriend. We were at a party, i asked if she wanted to come to the garage down the road to buy some cigarettes,she said yes, we got to chatting, and i just said "i really like you you know, you're one of those people i feel really comfortable talking to.You coming here tonight has made new year worthwhile."

To which her reply was a big kiss
    Aww that's so cute, I love hearing about stuff like that happening!Satisfies the hopeless romantic in me!xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackDaniels^)
    Well Evenstar that could mean a lot of things. I don't know if he's shy and how he usually acts around girls, but there are 2 options here.

1) He's not shy at all. In that case you probably don't have much chance. When I'm not interested in a girl, I don't pay much attention to her.

2) If he's shy there's a different story. Answer the following questions:
    -Does he talk to many other girls and how?
    -How long does your eye contact last usually?

If he usually hangs around you, but doesn't talk to you means he's probably shy ^.^
    I think shy guys hang around a girl they like, but they just don't talk to her much.

I just checked out your profile and you don't have to be shy, honestly
    Thanks

I just wish a few more shy guys would reply to this thread and say honestly what they do when they fancy a girl...most of the guys that are replying seem pretty confident about approaching girls.

Meh...maybe I should just give up on him

ReputationRep:
    So what do shy guys do...come on, be honest!
    I'm a shy guy - but I guess that means that I don't really "make moves". If I really like a girl and I don't know how they feel, I'll, pathetically and cowardly, email her a sweet message (nothing OTT) telling her how I feel. This has never worked! (But I do it because I just want to know one way or another)

Whenever I have been on a date/relationship with a girl, it's always been them making the subtle (and sometimes un-subtle :rolleyes: ) moves at the start, which I'm ok at picking up on, and then I'll ask them out.

Of course, this type of (non)method I have is in keeping with my Mauritian roots - "A man doesn't chase women; women chase the man" or something like that. Basically if you're some guy who goes around chasing women, then, in Mauritius, you're not a man.

So, in a round-about way, maybe you should just make some subtle hints, becoming progessively non-subtle, till he gets the hint? Guys really appreciate girls making an effort/taking the initiative at the beginning.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Any way, is this the fat guy you were talking about in the other forum|
    Lmao

ReputationRep:
    Show her the lump you made in your trousers and grin...

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, the guy will be more likely to tell you when he's drunk.

Me and my bofriend were both quite shy, so when sober we'd act as the best of friends - we were always togethyer, sent silly texts to each otherm in class, la de da........ and then we'd get drunk and 'accidentaly' get off with each other for the whole evening. After a month of this we realised we were drinking too often and getting close to alcholism, so he asked me out. Whilst drunk, of course, but I still remember it 11 months later

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2008
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.