Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys - how do you let a girl know you fancy her? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evenstar)
    So what do shy guys do...come on, be honest!
    Nothing. I can't remember actually. I stopped being shy about a year ago but I haven't liked anyone since, so whatever.

ReputationRep:
    hey evenstar, good luck with this guy. i think you need to talk to him directly and from there gauge where you stand with him. go have a chat and tell us how it goes!

*sigh* i like a shy guy too, maybe i can get some insight? he used to act normally around me ... we're not the best of friends but we're on the same course and see each other all the time, so we would have the occasional chat.

however, he's now COMPLETELY ignoring my existence!!! when talking in a group, he totally avoids eye contact and often ignores any questions i ask. he just avoids looking at me in general, its very upsetting cause i really like him!!!!!!

i've alos noticed when he's had a few to drink he always talks to me ... he's even offered to buy me drinks on a number of occasions.

im so confused, is there anything there??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWZC)
    Stick your willy in her
    subtle :top2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lodzinski)
    smile, eye contact, cheeky wink, depending on circumstances a wee bit of touching (nothing seedy like, just say caress up her arm, stroke her hair...... a myriad of ways.
    OH so that's what it means when you smile at me? :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snobpence17)
    Jump out in front of her in the middle of a busy corridor and shout "I Like You" in her face, then stand their grinning.

Start thrusting if it's not working.
    :laugh:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    ... [insert yourself] ...
    This, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    I'm ridiculously shy. I've told a few girls I liked them, only successfully once. That was after one of her best friends almost literally forced me to do something about it. Luckily the best friend knew she liked me too, so it worked out fine. The other time I've said anything the girl admitted she had been leading me on, and that was pretty much it. Sad times

Now I have the problem that I really like a girl on my course, but the only contact I ever make is on Facebook, and hardly ever in real life, probably because it's much less personal on there. I'm unlikely to say anything unless I happen to meet her out one night, and I'm a bit drunk. What a loser :P

ReputationRep:
    i am so crap at letting a girl know i like her, my last 2 gf's got so fed up that they ended up making the first move!

i wonder what other shy guys do to let a girl know they are into them, well apart from doing what i did and hang around the girl for a month until someone ended up telling her i liked them!

ReputationRep:
    Say 'Would you hold it against me if i said you had a beautiful body?' works a charm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chevman)
    this sounds almost like me.
    Sucks doesn't it

hi, last week this guy who is in one of my lectures walked me all the way to my car (which is at the completely opposite end of campus to his room) after we had been talking for about 10 minutes (i hadn't spoken to him before that lecture) do you recken it could mean something or am i starting to read a little to much into this? thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.