Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    That's good to hear! It's a good feeling to have everything in and received but I'm not sure how to take my mind off the wait now!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, well, at least all of us are in the same boat. Maybe we should be a bit optimistic and hope to hear something good before April?

I'm on the BCL application now. Its taking hell lot of time.

ReputationRep:
    BCL is due Jan 23rd, right? I'm almost done. Just getting my piece of written work edited by one of my professors... Also have to make my statement of purpose say "Oxford" instead of some other school

ReputationRep:
    Yep, Jan, but I wonder if submitting it early would be of help.

I'm almost done too, just some amendments to perfect the essay. That's a good idea, I'm wondering if my dissertation supervisor would edit it for me.

ReputationRep:
    I think submitting early helps to get an earlier answer. My understanding is that they engage in preparatory work once your application is received and therefore saves them time when assessing it after the deadline.

ReputationRep:
    Oic. Do you know more specifically what kind of preparatory work? Perhaps like giving grades to our essays? Any idea?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Folks.

A quick question: where abouts on CAMSIS does it say that the LL.M. support documentation has arrived? I can't find it anywhere.

Many thanks,

Chris

P.S. For what it's worth, I think the Cambridge application process is the worst I have ever come accross.

ReputationRep:
    At a column where it says 'documents which you need to send us'.

ReputationRep:
    Alvin,

Thanks for the information. I had a feeling it was there but was unsure. All the best with your application.

Chris

ReputationRep:
    Chris,

You may call and ask. They are quite willing to check for you. All the best for your application too.

ReputationRep:
    So in light of the competition for places and limited chances of success, does everyone have a backup plan should they be unsuccessful?

ReputationRep:
    I've only applied to Oxbridge, haha. It's either Oxbridge or nothing for me. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I've only applied to Oxbridge too! My backup is to do the BVC next year and reapply for the BCL/LLM for the following year.

The Cam deadline is nearly upon us...surely that's a sign that the applications will be on verge of getting considered.

ReputationRep:
    I have no back up, heheheheh. I'm actually doing my Certificate in Practice in Malaysia now and I have a contract with a firm which sponsors me. If I don't get an offer, I'll just chamber. If I do get one, I'll, err, breach it...............

ReputationRep:
    I applied to a few other schools outside of Oxbridge that have more specific LLMs, like in intellectual property, which is what I'm really interested in. Already got into one of them! Oxbridge is the goal though.

ReputationRep:
    IP, could that be QMUL?

ReputationRep:
    And, in case you do not get offers from oxbridge (touchwood ), will you be accepting the other offers?

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I didn't apply to Queen M's. I applied to Manchester, Glasgow and King's Coll. I already got into Manchester. If I don't get a law job offer this year then I will accept an LLM, even if I get the axe from Oxbridge. I know Manc isn't nearly as highly rated, but I have some friends who live up there and it would be fun. Ha, if I'm not going to either of the big 2 then I'm going to have a good time!

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or is time ticking extremely slowly?

ReputationRep:
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.