The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Interested in a degree in Sports Management but I have a few questions

Im currently sitting a One Year A level course and I wanted to ask about Sports Management Degree. I've always enjoyed sports, both the theory and practical side, and while I sucked at the science part, I loved the Business and Administration part of it. I did my research on Universities that offered it, and Loughborough stood out the most. I currently qualify for its entry requirements (Loughborough demand a BTEC Nat. Diploma at a D*D with a B in one A level. I currently hold A BTEC National Diploma at D*D* in Sports Coaching and Development with a predicted Grade of B at A Level) but i wanted to ask;

1. What does the course entail, and what should I expect
2. How competitive is the course in order to be accepted?
3. Is there anything more I can do to stand out?

I have alternative Universities in mind (Cardiff MET, Bath, Edinburgh University, Portsmouth University) but Loughborough is my ideal choice. With what I currently have, what more do I need to include to stand a chance at getting accepted
Bath - Sports Management and Coaching - https://www.bath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-2023/sport-exercise-and-health/bsc-sport-management-and-coaching-with-professional-placement/ - 4 years with placement. 'Course Structure' link on rght-hand side of that page. Btec / A level entry requirements = A in one A level subject plus DD in the BTEC National Diploma.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by RulerOfEveryone
Im currently sitting a One Year A level course and I wanted to ask about Sports Management Degree. I've always enjoyed sports, both the theory and practical side, and while I sucked at the science part, I loved the Business and Administration part of it. I did my research on Universities that offered it, and Loughborough stood out the most. I currently qualify for its entry requirements (Loughborough demand a BTEC Nat. Diploma at a D*D with a B in one A level. I currently hold A BTEC National Diploma at D*D* in Sports Coaching and Development with a predicted Grade of B at A Level) but i wanted to ask;

1. What does the course entail, and what should I expect
2. How competitive is the course in order to be accepted?
3. Is there anything more I can do to stand out?

I have alternative Universities in mind (Cardiff MET, Bath, Edinburgh University, Portsmouth University) but Loughborough is my ideal choice. With what I currently have, what more do I need to include to stand a chance at getting accepted

Hi there,

It’s great to hear you’re considering Loughborough University as a place to study.

The Sports Management degree is designed to give you insights from industry experts. You’ll study a range of modules that are designed to develop your research, vocational and employability skills. In your first year, modules include, but are not limited to, Principles of Marketing for Sport and Leisure, Behaviour in Sporting Organisations and Financial Accounting for Sport.

We’re known for being a university with a focus on sport which means our sports courses are our most competitive. However, you have the entry requirements, so it would be worth applying.

To stand out on your application, you should gain a decent understanding of the modules being taught and show how you’re an ideal fit for them. However, it’s most important to show your passion for the course on your application. If you have any questions on the course content or course-specific queries, feel free to speak with the school teaching this course. You can email them at [email protected].

You might want to watch the video on this page which shows an alumnus at Loughborough who studied Sports Science and Management to get more of an idea of the degrees here. You can also look at this course page for more information too: https://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/sport-management/

Choosing a university is a big decision, but it must be right for you. Please get in touch with us if you need anything else! 😊

Quick Reply