Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm going out with this guy tonight. We met at a festival a few months ago, got on pretty well. Now, I just see it as a friendly meet-up, but judging by what guys say on here (and sorry for any generalisations!) this could be construed as interest on my part (I suggested meeting up).
    Should I be careful about not giving the wrong impression? Would most of you guys think the girl was "interested" if she arranged a one-on-one evening out?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't think meeting up as just the two of you would suggest anything else.
    Just think of it as friends unless he actually suggests otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Just make it clear, nicely, that your intentions are on a friendship basis. Have fun.

ReputationRep:
    If the girl organised it then I should think that the boy would think that either you're trying to further something or ending something. That's what I would think anyway; moments like those are always of significance - whether its bad or good is to be found out.

ReputationRep:
    I'd think you're interested yes

ReputationRep:
    Well it's going to depend on the guy so it;s hard to say but if it were me i wouldn't necessarily think a girl asking if i wanted to go somewhere meant something more then friendship, although it would depend how she said it. Ignoring that i'd just say don't be too touchy and don't flirt with him and you should be all right. If he starts texting much more then usual afterwards that's a sign maybe he thinks it's something more.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, he'll definitely think you're interested. And if you seem upon meeting to only want to be friends afterall, he'll probably assume either that this was some kind of mind game on your part that was designed to deliberately **** with his head for your own amusement, or that he did something wrong on the 'date' to put you off him.

Sorry, just telling it as it most likely is. :dontknow:

There are ways this could end up not happening but you will have to handle it pretty delicately..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.