The Student Room Group

Confusing training contract dates??

I am quite confused about training contract start dates…
When it says 2024 training contract, does that mean it’s for students graduating 2024? Is that the start date if the tc? Is the start date after 1 year lpc/sqe.
Reply 1
Original post by lracster
I am quite confused about training contract start dates…
When it says 2024 training contract, does that mean it’s for students graduating 2024? Is that the start date if the tc? Is the start date after 1 year lpc/sqe.

it is always the start date of the TC
Yes, always the start date of the TC
Eg Linklaters today on their website say

"Training Contract 2025/26 (penultimate-year law undergraduates, final-year students, postgraduate students and graduates)
Apply Dates: Spring or Autumn 2025/26 Opening Date:3 October 2022

Closing Date:15 December 2022
So a final year undergraduate not studying law could apply today for a TC in 2025/26. They would graduate in summer 2023 and do the PGDL/SQE courses and exams and then start at Linklaters Spring 2025. I think under that timing as City Consortium type firms have a 2 term PGDL with BPP and the SQE1 course and exam in term 3 and then SQE2 and enhanced courses, once you finish SQE2 there may be a slight gap eg if you did PGDL./SQE from Sept 2023/ late 24 you might have a few months before a March 2025 start.
Ohhhh so for example, I'm graduating in 2024, so I would look for a training contract that starts 2025? As the gap between that time is the year for the lpc/sqe? Is that it?
Original post by lracster
Ohhhh so for example, I'm graduating in 2024, so I would look for a training contract that starts 2025? As the gap between that time is the year for the lpc/sqe? Is that it?

Depends if your first degree is law or not. Assuming that it is, then that is correct. If your first degree is not law the law firms (if you find one to sponsor you) would want you to do something like the 2 term PGDL/ law foundations course at BPP first before the LPC/SQE course and exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending