Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by bluenoxid)
    It's not UMIST any more. It's Manchester University now.

Hi DMed :cool:
    How do bluenoxid!
    True true, but it still gets called UMIST for some reason :P.

Yeah, the thing is it's not just to save money, it's that I can't afford to live in halls unless I presume that I'll get a job... but I can't exactly rely on that.
    & Liverpool doesn't do my course which is the only reason I'm considering Manchester.
    I'm not really sure if it's worth the hassle & I reckon it could be pretty tough social wise, but if that course is what I really want to do...surely that's got to be worth it?

Yeah the social side will be tough at first because when people are all going out you wont have anywhere to stay. Though as you make friends with people they might say you can kip on their floor, so it doesn't have to be a problem but it will be hard at first. Though your right the course is the most important thing, so I'd put up with it.

If you're going to do an undergrad degree, which based on your age I'm assuming you will, you get student loan no? Just wondering why the panic stations about money?

Im thinking of travelling to Liverpool from Manchester for uni too. How do you book your tickets? I can't find a way to book them in bulk for the train, have only found getting a national express coachcard for between liverpool and manchester!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.