The Student Room Group

good animation universities with integrated foundation year?

I want to study animation at university. I didnt do any art a levels so I might have to do a course with an integrated foundation year. the one uni i really want to go to is UCA, but i dont really know what other unis i should apply to. there’s teesside, but i’ve heard that the area is a bit unsafe (i tend to be alone most of the time + i’m a poc so i dont think its a good idea to go there). are there any unis that anyone could recommend?
Arts University Bournemouth is good for animation. The Film course is diabolical but I have heard good stuff from the animators.
Original post by Thisismyunitsr
Arts University Bournemouth is good for animation. The Film course is diabolical but I have heard good stuff from the animators.

Oh I think they only do 2D animation, I was looking for more 3D (or even a mix of both) ^^ sorry shouldve specified that
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by lostartenjoyer
Oh I think they only do 2D animation, I was looking for more 3D (or even a mix of both) ^^ sorry shouldve specified that

The AUB course is a mix - it's mainly 2D/stop motion in year 1 to focus on anatomy and movement skills before adding in 3D and computer in later years. Or you might be better suited to VFX than animation

Herts and South Wales are the other 2 top courses for a mix of 2D and 3D. Bournemouth (BU not AUB) is good for computer animation.

You'd be better off looking into taking an extended diploma or foundation diploma to build your portfolio though. Any university that takes you straight onto animation without a good portfolio isn't likely to be offering a course worth taking unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Latest