Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just ripped open a letter from kent uni saying that i have got an interview on 11th of december and a presentation etc. Any one know what goes on at the interview, have read the notes on the letter but it doesn't really give much detail about it!
    any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Well, when I had my interview last year...We met in Grimond building, behind the library, had tea/coffee/biscuits with some of the computing staff. Thennn after that we had a big sort of Q&A session where you found out about the course, the year in industry etc. You can ask anything about the course that you're not sure of at this time as well. At some point during the day you get a sort of brief campus tour from a current student, the person that shower me round wasnt computing, but we got to see some sample accommodation, the library, couple of the colleges and stuff like that. Lunch is provided as well, which was just after the tour at Rutherford Dining Hall. Finally we went back to the Computing Octagon for interviews, all I talked to the interviewer about really was the stuff on my personal statement, past experience in computing and stuff. I'm 99% sure you can't get rejected from this interview, as the head of admissions told me everyone that went on that day would be offered a place.

Ermm. Yeah. That's everything off the top of my head that I can remember of my CS interview. It is 9am and I havent been to bed yet though so i've clearly forgotten loads! :yep:

Any other questions just ask on here! Me and jermaindefoe are both CS students so can answer anything you want to know I guesssss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalby)
    lots of stuff.

Excellent cheers buddy that has given me a lot of information, much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalby)
    Well, when I had my interview last year...We met in Grimond building, behind the library, had tea/coffee/biscuits with some of the computing staff. Thennn after that we had a big sort of Q&A session where you found out about the course, the year in industry etc. You can ask anything about the course that you're not sure of at this time as well. At some point during the day you get a sort of brief campus tour from a current student, the person that shower me round wasnt computing, but we got to see some sample accommodation, the library, couple of the colleges and stuff like that. Lunch is provided as well, which was just after the tour at Rutherford Dining Hall. Finally we went back to the Computing Octagon for interviews, all I talked to the interviewer about really was the stuff on my personal statement, past experience in computing and stuff. I'm 99% sure you can't get rejected from this interview, as the head of admissions told me everyone that went on that day would be offered a place.

Ermm. Yeah. That's everything off the top of my head that I can remember of my CS interview. It is 9am and I havent been to bed yet though so i've clearly forgotten loads! :yep:

Any other questions just ask on here! Me and jermaindefoe are both CS students so can answer anything you want to know I guesssss.
    spot on, exactly the same for me

as kalby says, any questions feel free to ask, either of us will be happy to reply

ReputationRep:
    i just dressed smart, trousers shoes shirt with smart jumper

ReputationRep:
    yeh, what i am saying is i didnt wear a suit as didnt many other people

smartly dressed imo, no need for a suit. Its not a job interview, though if u choose to wear one it would be perfectly acceptable, just maybe a little OTT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omzh_12)
    Yeah, but i was just wondering if i should wear a suit or not? I dont want to wear it cos i dont want to end up being the only person wearing a suit...but i also want to look fairly smart because i dont want them to think im unprofessional if you know what i mean...
    I think I just went for jeans and a shirt, weren't any/many people in suits as far as I remember. May've been one or two but meh.

ReputationRep:
    general chat about what you have learnt, what you know, vry informal tbh

just relax - its easy stuff mate

ReputationRep:
    no lol, have you done any programming before? if yes did you enjoy it,do you want to learn some more?

i had NO technical questions

ReputationRep:
    hmmm if your applying for comp sci dont say that!

its one on one and there will be no dreamweaver questions or any other software as a matter of fact

u will be fine - its just a chat with a tutor, thats all - just like talking to a school teacher about your current course i suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omzh_12)
    lol im applyin for comp sci i know thres going to be a bit of programming involved but im hoping its nothing major...

i havent prepared much for this interview apart from standard reasons as to why i chose it, why kent and so forth..

thanks for your help mate!!
    please define what you mean by this

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 26, 2010

University open days

1. University of Kent
    Canterbury campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.