The Student Room Group

Would you use this service?

I was thinking of starting up a laundry service for halls of residence.
(No more circuit laundry)

We collect your laundry bag once a week (or once every two weeks)
And delivery it back to your doorstep
Washed, dryed, folded.

£9.99 /week (First wash FREE) all in free delivery/collection

Tap the APP and schedule your weekly collection.

Does anyone think this is a good idea, would anyone use this service??
(edited 1 year ago)
Where would you be running this business from? Pretty sure it'd contravene your tenancy agreement to run a business from your student accomodation. Also no, your service would be more expensive than me washing my clothes once a week at the accomodation's laundry room, maybe at £4.99 though.
Reply 2
Original post by ROTL94 3
Where would you be running this business from? Pretty sure it'd contravene your tenancy agreement to run a business from your student accomodation. Also no, your service would be more expensive than me washing my clothes once a week at the accomodation's laundry room, maybe at £4.99 though.

Yeah it would be off site,
We don't plan to be cheaper, just more convenient for the sake of £5
I would not use the service, as a student I would be looking to conserve money, also a laundrette can be quite a social place.
Reply 4
My main issue with circuit laundry is how ridiculously expensive it is, especially since you could just go to any other public launderette and get your washing done much cheaper. Also, that it is just a *****y service where you are not supposed to use fabric softeners, the machines are way too big for student halls (would be hundred times better to have washers half the size and have twice as many of them). Also, their app works only sporadically. But you can still get washing done for £6.60 (£3.40 for washing, £2.20 for drying), which is much less than a tenner... so yeah, not really, students are usually trying to save as much money as possible, especially now with the housing crisis.
Reply 5
Original post by alicka
My main issue with circuit laundry is how ridiculously expensive it is, especially since you could just go to any other public launderette and get your washing done much cheaper. Also, that it is just a *****y service where you are not supposed to use fabric softeners, the machines are way too big for student halls (would be hundred times better to have washers half the size and have twice as many of them). Also, their app works only sporadically. But you can still get washing done for £6.60 (£3.40 for washing, £2.20 for drying), which is much less than a tenner... so yeah, not really, students are usually trying to save as much money as possible, especially now with the housing crisis.

Thanks, although a public laundrette is normally £8.50 for a wash and dry
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest