Turn on thread page Beta

Oxford students in 'bring a fit Jew' party row watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electriic_ink)
    God I am SICK of these chavs from Oxford offending the Jewsih population. It has GOT to stop.
    I was going to pick you up on the seemingly ironic 'chavs from oxford'

but after further investigation I'd be inclined to agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodybuilder22)
    Look at the Bebo of the 'rugby captain', seems like a prick:

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=17964478
    does that surprise you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bateman)
    i heard it was started by a jokes shop who wanted to shift its unsold stock of large plastic noses.
    Oh, my.

ReputationRep:
    If this was at any other university, there would not be so much media attention to it. Do they really think Oxford students are anything but?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Folderol)
    Oh, my.

no it's true that's why i heard.

this story has been done to death and everyone adds something to it, but the joke shop supplied the money bags and the hair and the noses

ReputationRep:
    There was an interesting comparison in the Cherwell - this was front page, then later on in a little section, there was a bit about an Oxford Brookes rugby party, where the boys were dressed in hunting uniforms and brandishing around sex toys, and attacked a car with a mother and her kid in it. They also found small animal carcasses around (). Look which story made the national news. I wish the bloody Guardian would stop being such a tit about Oxford.

(EDIT: fine, it looks less bad in a report from the Oxford Times)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    does that surprise you?
    To be fair, I think most people would expect an Oxford undergraduate to look like he had slightly more wits about him.

ReputationRep:
    Hah! Another amusing comparison:
    (Original post by Comments Page of Guardian)
    Furthermore, this story is nowhere as bad as an event organised by the Oxford University Christian Union when I was there: they held a "bring a jew" dinner where members were encouraged to bring along Jewish friends, with the objective of converting said friends to Christianity.

ReputationRep:
    no it's true that's why i heard.

this story has been done to death and everyone adds something to it, but the joke shop supplied the money bags and the hair and the noses
    May I ask where you heard it from? Was it a paper/friend/online etc.?

ReputationRep:
    i heard it was started by a jokes shop who wanted to shift its unsold stock of large plastic noses.
    Lmao, is that serious?? or did you make it up

ReputationRep:
    May I ask where you heard it from? Was it a paper/friend/online etc.?

well a mate of mine attended the the oxford party and he made a blog about it, so both.

ReputationRep:
    well a mate of mine attended the the oxford party and he made a blog about it, so both.
    Could I by any chance have a link to this blog?

ReputationRep:
    Could I by any chance have a link to this blog?

if i find it, yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    To be fair, I think most people would expect an Oxford undergraduate to look like he had slightly more wits about him.

well he is the captain of the rugby team, so maybe his wits aren't what took him to oxford

ReputationRep:
    if i find it, yes
    Thank you - because right now I think you're just making it up and you enjoying saying that sort of stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Well it'd be just as bad as them having a black, muslim, gay etc theme. Its rascist IMO.

But its the rugby team so what do you expect? You'd find the same at every uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electriic_ink)
    God I am SICK of these chavs from Oxford offending the Jewsih population. It has GOT to stop.
    freedom of speech

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    maybe its because ive been to both oxford and cambridge and know how stupid a lot of the students there are. im yet to be shocked. especially since im privy to the things that dont make the press as well.

Perhaps they were preparing for a practical exam for their degree in Jewish Studies? :p:

ReputationRep:
    *Mental note - hockey club need new social ideas...*

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.