Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your favourite African Country? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Egypt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ratsr)
    Thanks, I was aware of the white slave trade in Africa but I wanted to say a few things with proof (and have proof), look in the articles yourself (I cba to read the articles) but what I've heard:

Slaves were sold by white people (AKA Profiteers of white Slaves), if not white pirates.
    Slaves were not treated badly.
    The slaves were allowed/kept by the Ottoman empire.
    The minority were white, most of which criminals.

So, from what I have heard (and I'm not sure it is true) there is a difference between the two.
    more than likely black/arab - "But before we had lost sight of land, we were captured by Algerine pirates, who put all the men in irons"

"These slaves were housed in large prisons known as baños (baths), often in wretchedly overcrowded conditions. They were mostly used to row the corsair galleys in the pursuit of loot (and more slaves) - work so strenuous that thousands died or went mad while chained to the oar."

it could have been up to 2 million white christians enslaved

the only differences in the two are that Africans enslaved Europeans for profit and because they were Christian, whereas Europeans did it for profit and that they were Black. the other difference is the amount

ReputationRep:
    Nigeria, of course! .

Tia xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tia111)
    Nigeria, of course! .

Tia xx
    yep I love you for that lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    more than likely black/arab - "But before we had lost sight of land, we were captured by Algerine pirates, who put all the men in irons"

"These slaves were housed in large prisons known as baños (baths), often in wretchedly overcrowded conditions. They were mostly used to row the corsair galleys in the pursuit of loot (and more slaves) - work so strenuous that thousands died or went mad while chained to the oar."

it could have been up to 2 million white christians enslaved

the only differences in the two are that Africans enslaved Europeans for profit and because they were Christian, whereas Europeans did it for profit and that they were Black. the other difference is the amount
    You didnt reply to my post on page 7, i believe you owe me an apology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElvisAint-Dead)
    You didnt reply to my post on page 7, i believe you owe me an apology
    theres nothing to reply to, you got slavery involved trying to justify why some people would be racist. so no, i dont owe you an apology

ReputationRep:
    south africa, in particular port elizabeth

ReputationRep:
    Tanzania, totally not cos my mums from there..hmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    theres nothing to reply to, you got slavery involved trying to justify why some people would be racist. so no, i dont owe you an apology
    hmm... there's no point in trying to argue with you anymore is there.
    I guess by me stating a reason why some people might justify racism means that those are my beliefs as well. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkid)
    yep I love you for that lol
    And I love you too! Rep me??

Tia xx

ReputationRep:
    Im soooo proud 2 b African!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haft_Hasht_Shish)
    You forgot "How much for your daughter? I give you camel and rug and I buy wife also." :yep:
    haha exactly
    and byramid.
    i buy byramid also

ReputationRep:
    Ghana

ReputationRep:
    It has to be Chad

ReputationRep:
    Nigeria.

ReputationRep:
    "You're a racist bigot. Just because you're Black doesn't make it acceptable for you to claim superiority. I'm sure you'd take a dim view of me suggesting people with roots in Britain were somehow better than everyone else, so please return the same respect."

Neg repped with that :coma: Someone is on their male period. :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    "You're a racist bigot. Just because you're Black doesn't make it acceptable for you to claim superiority. I'm sure you'd take a dim view of me suggesting people with roots in Britain were somehow better than everyone else, so please return the same respect."

Neg repped with that :coma: Someone is on their male period. :no:
    Who was it from? Hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Nigeria.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SofinaaBabess)
    Who was it from? Hahaha
    burninginme. He sure is burning with rage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tia111)
    And I love you too! Rep me??

Tia xx
    only if u rep me love

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.