The Student Room Group
scottnoplot
I'm considering getting a tattoo done, but in the future I plan to become a teacher. Would getting a tattoo effect me getting a job in teaching, or does it depend upon where/what the tattoo is?

Thanks, scottnoplot

If it's on your face? Then yes, it will have a large affect on your chances of becoming a teacher.

The size of it also matters, aswell as what are you planning to teach. If it's swimming, then I would advice you to go against getting a tattoo.

But generally, if it is indiscrete, then, no, I don't see why it should influence the decision one way or another.
Reply 2
Thanks for the quick reply. I thought that would be the case, which is why i was thinking about getting one on my leg. Although I was unsure about wether I would ever have to wear shorts if i had to cover a p.e lesson or something like that.

cheers
Reply 3
Loads of my teachers had tattoos, mostly on their backs which we rarely saw. It shouldnt be a problem, unless its offensive or in a really prominent place. ALso, even when covering PE you would be unlikely to have to actually do the sport with them.
I was wondering about this too.

I already had a tattoo but its in a place that is easily hidden and wouldnt be on show wearing normal clothes. However i was thinking of getting one done on the inside of my wrist. It would be a tiny tattoo and would be of a Daffodil (my nan's favorite) with "Nan" written underneth it. But i was worried about it being looked down on my pgce places and schools. :frown:
just depends where you have it,
for teaching id say not anywhere were it can be seen
Well not if you want to teach in a school with a good reputation they tend to care ALOT about what image they put accross,
also what age you want to teach i think matters
Iv never had a teacher who had a tattoo that i know of.
if you really want one go get one, just somewhere you can cover it
i want to get a teeny black heart on my foot or wrist, i figured if its small enough a bracelet or watch will cover it
plus i have enough scars already a little tattoo will draw attention away lol
x
Reply 6
One of my Physics teachers had whopping tattoos on his biceps and you could see them through his shirt when he didn't wear a jacket. He rode a motorbike to work and apparently used to be a punk 'back in the day'. He was actually awesome.
ice_cube
Loads of my teachers had tattoos, mostly on their backs which we rarely saw. It shouldnt be a problem, unless its offensive or in a really prominent place. ALso, even when covering PE you would be unlikely to have to actually do the sport with them.

Teachers are encouraged to take an active role in Physical Education, and it is rumoured that with the introduction of the National Curriculum 2010 that teachers will have to take part in the activities they teach their children. Although it's not confirmed yet. :smile:
Reply 8

Ahahaha I so hope that's true. My old teachers wouldn't know what hit them.

Latest

Trending

Trending