The Student Room Group

What to do when a university offer comes in? (UCAS)

I've applied to 5 universities, and I have gotten an offer from one already. The other universities are pending. For the university I got an offer from, I need to email them a certificate "in order for us to verify the qualifications on your application." By sending them my certificate, am I "accepting the offer" and committing to that uni? Because (obviously) I would like to wait until I have responses from the other 4 universities; I don't want to commit to any uni yet.
Original post by icebearsnowbear
I've applied to 5 universities, and I have gotten an offer from one already. The other universities are pending. For the university I got an offer from, I need to email them a certificate "in order for us to verify the qualifications on your application." By sending them my certificate, am I "accepting the offer" and committing to that uni? Because (obviously) I would like to wait until I have responses from the other 4 universities; I don't want to commit to any uni yet.

By sending them a certificate, you are not accepting that offer or committing to that university.

However, do you need to send the certificate now? Have they given you a deadline or timescale for submitting it? If not, I'd be tempted to wait until the other unis have replied because this particular one might not be one that you select as your firm or insurance anyway.
Asking for certificates is normal - send them now.
You are not committing to that Uni.

You dont make formal Form and Insurance choices until you have ALL of your 5 decisions from the Unis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending